Tips for Buying a Garmin GPS
Whether you're browsing features for your new Garmin or looking for a model upgrade, it can be difficult to determine what you really need. What's a good price? Will it fit within your budget? Where should you purchase? Which Garmin models get the best reviews? What does Garmin offer that its competitors do not? When researching GPS navigation systems, an objective comparison of GPS brands and models can prove extremely useful. Find the answers to all of these questions and more by perusing the following selection of Garmin recommendations and reference material.
- The Beginner's Guide to GPS Systems
- Comparing Garmin GPS Devices
- An Overview of the Top GPS Features
- Best GPS Features for Small Budgets
- Where to Find the Most Affordable GPS Units
- Top Models of the Garmin Nuvi Series
- The Best Outdoor GPS Navigators From Garmin
- Choosing the Best Garmin GPS for Your Needs
- Garmin GPS Products With Traffic Alerts
- Garmin vs. TomTom
Garmin Nuvi Reviews
The widely popular Garmin Nuvi has come a long way since the release of its first series. Since the initial launch of the entry-level 2×0 Nuvi line, Garmin has developed more advanced models with speech recognition, Bluetooth technology, improved traffic management and eco-friendly tools. Newer units offer slimmer designs with added bonuses like Wi-Fi connectivity and 3D mapping. The enhanced features and functionality of the latest automotive GPS systems can make it a challenge to determine what you really want (or need) in a car GPS. If you've narrowed it down to a few different models, these reviews of the latest Nuvi releases can help to point you in the right direction.
- Garmin Nuvi 205W Review
- Garmin Nuvi 255W Review
- Garmin Nuvi 3790T Review
- Garmin Nuvi 760 Review
- Garmin Nuvi 2450 Review
- Garmin Nuvi 265WT Review
- Garmin Nuvi 755T Review
- Garmin Nuvi 880 Review
Alternative GPS Products
Garmin offers a range of GPS devices beyond the traditional automotive navigation systems. If you enjoy hiking treks or adventures out in the wilderness, tracking and positioning units like the Garmin Oregon or Rino are ideal. If you're interested in geocaching or topography, be sure to check out our review of the Oregon 550T and the Rino 520. Fishing enthusiasts will want to take a look at the Garmin Fishfinder series and golfers can check out the Garmin GolfLogic.
From boating navigation to golfing, there are a number of practical tools available from various Garmin product lines for the athlete or outdoorsman. The following reviews explore several of the most popular.
- Garmin Echo 550c Fishfinder Review
- Garmin Oregon 550 and 550T Review
- Garmin Rino 520 Review
- Garmin GolfLogic GPS Review
- Garmin GPS Watches for Runners
- A Look at the Best GPS Hiking Units
- Exploring Garmin GPS Units for Aviation
Tutorials for Garmin Use and Maintenance
If you already own a Garmin, you'll want to know how to use it correctly to get the most out of your unit. Learn how to charge your Garmin via USB on the computer or update your maps on a handheld device. Don't know how to review your Garmin's history, reverse routes or get that windshield mount to stop falling off? Our guides have the answers you're looking for.
If you are having trouble with your unit or recently damaged your GPS, learn more about Garmin service locations to see if it can be easily repaired – or check out our repair tricks and tips to see if you might be able to fix the problem at home. Proper care and maintenance of your Garmin is essential. Update your unit regularly to ensure that you have the most up-to-date maps and software. Whether you are looking for tutorials for use, troubleshooting or repair information, these Garmin guides offer clear guidance and direction.
- How to Charge a Garmin GPS on a PC
- How to Add Maps to Your Garmin GPS Navigator
- How to Add Maps to a Garmin Handheld GPS
- Garmin Service Locations to Repair Your GPS
- Garmin GPS Repair Tips & Tricks
- Troubleshooting a Frozen Garmin GPS 420
- Getting Your Garmin GPS Windshield Mount to Stick
- How to View History on a Garmin GPS
- Reversing Routes on a Garmin GPS
- Garmin GPS Hacks
Garmin Accessories and Add-ons to Consider
Be sure to familiarize yourself with the accessories and add-ons available for your Garmin product. There are a number of accessories that can extend the life of your unit. Other upgrades offer increased functionality or added personalization. Check out these free maps, custom voices and other upgrades for your device.
- Download Free Garmin Voices for Your GPS
- Fun Custom Garmin GPS Voices
- The Best Software Maps for Your GPS
- Where to Find Free GPS Maps
- Third-Party Maps for Your Garmin GPS
- GPS Garmin Marine Maps
- A Guide to Garmin GPS Accessories
- What to Look for in a Garmin GPS Mount
- Image courtesy of Microstock Photography Source