Newsworthy Announcements for your Small Business
Let’s say as a small business owner you find that you have information regarding your company that you want made public via the newspaper. Whether it’s a new product release, an event anouncement, something regarding services offered, or perhaps quarterly earnings you want it in the paper and are unsure exactly how to do that. Newspaper’s want that information in the standard form which the free newspaper press release kit templates highlighted below have. The templates are already formatted and contain the appropriate headings so that all you need do is type ofer the text with the specific details regarding your business. A press release is a great form of free advertising so don’t be afraid to try it.
If you’re not already familiar with Bright Hub’s goal of providing small business owners with quick (and in many cases free) solutions to making many of the documents that they will need to run their company from marketing materials like brochures to those utilitarian necessities like fax cover sheets, consider yourself informed. For instance, check out this helpful and comprehensive list of available templates in Business Forms: Free Templates to Manage Your Small Business.
The Instructions Please:
Here are the easy steps you should follow to access a Templates Related to a Product Release:
1) Start by accessing the available and free Word listing templates offered at Microsoft Office Online.
2) Browse this collection of templates and choose the best one that is geared toward your purpose with the most relevant wording related to what you want the media to announce about your organization. Check each template for the available options it has.
3) Click on the title of the template which will work the best for you (it will then appear on its own for a closer inspection), then click “Download” after which you simply agree to their user license agreement. (You might have to install an Active X plug in for Internet Explorer if you don’t already have it but if you have any problems here, the instructions to update or fix the problem pops up.)
4) Open the free template you downloaded in Word or Publisher and simply type over the text according to your purpose with your details under each relevant heading. You can upload photos with the easy instructions made available if the template you chose allows for it.
5) Insert your text with the font style and size you want, and make any other applicable changes you see fit. I would assume a newspaper is going to change the font style and size to what they normally use so I wouldn’t get to hung up on this detail.
6) Proof the document, have someone else proof it and then print it.
Once you have your press release completed, the process of making one in the future is now that much easier since you can save it with all your company information already there. Good luck and be advised there are other templates resources available too which you can learn about on Bright Hub. For instance, type HP templates into our onsite search function to get the details about what they have to offer.
If you need help writing the content and don’t feel the sample in front of you (the template) provides enough guidance than it might be a good idea to do a quick search to read more about the careful process of proper phrasing to get the most out of your release.There are plenty of sources out there to give you a quick tutorial while also expounding upon the benefit of utilizing this free form of advertising. Business Know How is just one source. Good luck and put your best foot forward.
This post is part of the series: Press Releases: Template Options For Small Businesses and Non-Profits
- Free Press Release Template from Microsoft Office Online
- Small Business Owners: Get your Newspaper Press Release Kit Free
- Writing a Winning Press Release for your Small Business