Google Analytics offers a series of reports to help you see information about your visitors, advertising, conversions and more. To get started with Google Analytics, you should check out my article: Getting Started with Google Analytics.
To view the Visitor Overview report, you’ll first need to login to your Google Analytics account. From there, click View Reports.
Once there, click Visitors, and then Overview. Now you’ll see a screen that looks something like this:
On this screen you’ll be able to see at a glance:
- How many people visited your site
- How many of those visitors were new
- Number of Page views
- The average time on site
- The Site Bounce Rate
You will also be able to see options about your visitors like:
- Visitors Profile: languages, network locations, user defined: Here you will learn about the language preferences, the location of the network, and any traits you choose to define about your visitors.
- Browser Profile: browsers, operating systems, browser and operating systems, screen colors, screen resolutions, java support, Flash: Here you will learn about the browsers your visiters are using to view your site, the operating systems on the computers being used, a combined report comparing the browsers and the operating systems. Screen colors and resolutions will help you make sure your colors are being viewed the way you want them to be, along with making sure your design is fit to your viewer’s screen.
- Map Overlay: Shows you about the geographical location of all your visitors, so you can see where in the world the majority of your consumers are.
- Technical Profile: Browsers information and Connection Speeds so you can optimize your site for your audience.
You can find more information about each item by clicking the report name on the left hand side of the screen, under visitors. You also have the option of clicking on each report name on the overview screen. Each on is hyperlinked. In the technical profile at the bottom of the page, you can click view report to see the more detailed information on each one of statistics Google Analytics tracks.
This post is part of the series: Learn More about your Visitors with Google Analytics
- Google Analytics: Learn More about your Visitors
- Google Analytics Reports: Benchmarking
- Google Analytics Reports: Map Overlay
- Google Analytics Reports: New Vs. Returning Vistors
- Google Analytics Reports: Languages
- Google Analytics Reports: Visitor Trending
- Google Analytics Reports: Visitor Loyalty
- Google Analytics Reports: Browser Capabilities
- Google Analytics Reports: Network Properties
- Google Analytics Reports: User Defined