This particular reference letter template (the link is below) is specifically geared toward a good employee who is being laid off due to downsizing. In this economic climate, this kind of reference could be very fitting as many fine employees are losing their jobs due to the many factors that led up to a sagging economy. With the general words already on this template, all you have to do is interject the personal touch.
When someone asks you to write a character reference, the words and anecdotes you utilize to describe the person should be very carefully considered, especially in this instance. The letter might really help that person get the job they want and get out of a jam. Using this reference letter template as a model to tweak and tailor the text specifically for your aspirant makes this task so much easier. First, take a gander at the first article in this series, Introduction to Writing Reference Letters Using Templates, which is a basic tutorial on how to structure a good letter. Then you’ll be even more prepared to personalize the template highlighted below.
With this template, just type in the personal text that reflects your candidate’s strengths and virtues. Build up what is best about them under the appropriate headings. The good thing about using Microsoft Word templates for this task lies in the fact that it’s an easy program to utilize and many of the procedures used in Word are already familiar to many. Just follow these simple instructions:
1) Start by accessing the professional employee reference letter template at Microsoft Office Online which is at https://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC062562661033.aspx?pid=CT101471741033
2) Click on the template I sent you to if it suits your needs upon your perusal. There are other options on this site and in this article series if you want ideas to write something different. Click “Download” after which you simply agree to their user license agreement to receive the file. (You might have to install an Active X plug in for Internet Explorer if you don’t already have it.)
3) Open your now downloaded template in Word and follow the simple instructions to enter your specifics in the right category. It’s just a matter of typing over their text with your own personal information and address.
4) Manipulate the design and layout to suit the extent of information which needs to fit in a certain category.
5) Proof the document and print it. Make sure you’ve got their information right and that the letter sings their praises.
This post is part of the series: Free Templates for Reference Letters
- Introduction to Writing Reference Letters Using Templates
- Formal Character Reference Letter Template
- Reference Letter for a Professional Employee Template