Staying in Touch with Your BlackBerry: BBM, Email, Calls, SMS and More
Smartphones offer us a range of options when it comes to staying in touch with friends and family. Your BlackBerry supports various methods of communication and we take a look at them in this guide. You’ll find round-ups of handy apps for chatting and social networking. We take a look at how to deal with voice mail and contacts. There’s a wealth of content for you to explore covering all the nuances of the BlackBerry’s versatile email system. You can also learn about text messaging and instant messaging – built-in features and third-party apps.
If you own a BlackBerry you really have no excuse for not keeping in touch with everyone.
App Round-Ups and Handy Guides
We’ll start off with a few choice selections of apps for texting and chatting. You’ll also find apps that can convert text to voice so that you can have incoming messages read aloud to you without you having to handle your phone – ideal for when you are driving. The main social networking sites are covered, along with the ever popular Skype service.
To round off we take a look at how you can customize your alerts for incoming messages and calls and there’s a final guide to help you to type accents in your BB messages.
- Best BlackBerry Text App
- Find a Hot Date with Your BB
- Apps that Make Your BB Talk Back at You
- Top Five BlackBerry Twitter Apps
- Enjoy Facebook on Your BlackBerry
- What’s the Best App for Skype on BlackBerry?
- BlackBerry Alerts Guide
- Guide to Typing Accents on a BlackBerry
Calls and Voice Mail
In this section we have a couple of alternative options for making calls that don’t involve using your standard BB service. You can also find out everything you need to know about dealing with voice mail on your smartphone. You can even have voice mail messages converted to text or email.
- Using Google Voice - BlackBerry Style
- Getting Voice Mail by Email and SMS with PhoneTag
- TringMe Enables Free Calls Over the Internet
- Guide to Visual Voicemail Setup on BlackBerry Torch
You’ll need to keep your contacts in order if you want to stay in touch with everyone you know. You can learn how to manage contacts here and also how to set up caller ID alerts and retrieve deleted contacts. We also take a look at how to transfer contacts to and from other smartphones in case you change devices.
- BlackBerry Contacts Guide
- How to Fix BlackBerry Caller ID When It Only Displays a Number
- How to Retrieve Deleted BlackBerry Contacts
- How to Transfer Contacts from an iPhone to a BlackBerry
- A Guide to Importing Contacts from a BB to Your New Android Phone
One of the best features you’ll find on a BlackBerry is the email. With support for multiple accounts, push email and secure sending and receiving it’s no wonder the BB is so popular with businesses. Find out how to set up various email accounts on your smartphone. Learn how to filter and forward your emails and how to deal with attachments. We also take a look at how to deal with a few email-related problems you might encounter and there are tips for setting up email alerts and changing your footer messages. You can really get the most from your BB email with these guides.
- How to Set Up Email on Your BlackBerry
- Free BlackBerry Email Software
- Top Email Apps for Your BlackBerry
- Get POP and IMAP Email On BlackBerry!
- A Guide to Filtering Email on Your BlackBerry
- Guide to Text Editing a Forwarded E-mail on BB
- How to Forward Attachments on BB Email
- How to Send and Receive BlackBerry Email with Multiple Attachments
- BlackBerry Email: BIS vs. BES
- Using Outlook with Your BlackBerry
- How to Import an Outlook Address Book to a BlackBerry
- Troubleshooting BlackBerry Receiving Old Emails
- Push Email Keeps Pushing BlackBerry To The Top
- Guide to BlackBerry Email and Exchange Servers
- Setting Email Alerts for the BlackBerry Curve
- Guide to Footer Messages on BB
- Using Yahoo with Your BlackBerry
There are lots of third-party options for dealing with SMS on your BlackBerry. Learn about the best options and try them out. You can also get help to recover deleted text messages and to hide private messages on your BlackBerry. Third-party text apps can also be handy for previewing messages without having to enter the messaging app.
- What’s the Best BlackBerry SMS App?
- Quicker SMS: Take Control of your Blackberry SMS Using Computers
- How to Recover a Deleted SMS on Your BlackBerry
- How to Hide SMS Text Messages on the BlackBerry Pearl
- BerryPopup Review: Message Preview App for BlackBerry
- BlackBerry Curve Text Messaging Guide
Another one of the major strengths of the BB platform is the BlackBerry Messenger app and you’ll find a complete guide to using it right here. If you find that you want more instant messaging options then check out this top selection of third-party apps including support for Facebook Chat and MSN.
- Guide to BlackBerry Messenger
- Top Five IM Apps for BB
- Facebook Chat for BlackBerry
- Instant Messaging the BeeJive Way
- Best MSN Apps for BlackBerry
As you can see there’s no excuse for not staying in touch with a BlackBerry. Do you have a favorite app for texts, instant messaging, emails or calls? Post a comment and let us know about it.
- All articles from Bright Hub.