How to Forward Attachments on BlackBerry Email
Forwarding attachments on BlackBerry email is a very straightforward and easy process. In order to optimize this process on your BlackBerry phone, however, there are certain applications that must be installed and activated. The BlackBerry smartphone allows you to install up to ten supported email accounts. The steps are similar on most BlackBerry phones but may vary slightly. Visit the BlackBerry smartphone website here to view step by step instructions on how to activate email accounts on different models of BlackB
Social networking accounts such as your Facebook, Twitter, Flickr and MySpace can be uploaded to your BlackBerry as well. These applications will aid in optimizing email activities on your phone. You have the option of installing them from your computer or directly from your phone with your BlackBerry internet service.
Once you have activated your email and other networking accounts on your BlackBerry you will begin receiving emails and other messages through these accounts to your phone. Viewing email attachments may be restricted at times due to the content size, but standard sized files and photos can be viewed conveniently from your BlackBerry phone. Also BlackBerry viewing of your Facebook, Twitter pages etc will be truncated allowing you limited access to these resources.
How to Forward a Single Attachment on BB Email
- Select the email account you want to forward the attachment from.
- Select and open the email message with attachment.
- Move the cursor using the track ball and highlight the attachment/s you would like to forward.
- Press the trackball or menu key and select to ‘open attachment’.
- When the document has been retrieved /opened, press the menu key.
- Select ‘send to’ the desired recipient engine – i.e. email, Twitter, Facebook, MMS or messenger contact.
Send As Email – This will forward the attachment directly to the recipient’s email address. If you select this option –type in the person’s complete email address e.g. Johnpaul@hotmail.com in the ‘To’ field of the draft page that appears. Press the trackball to add more recipients. Once you’re done entering the receiver’s email address/s press the menu button and select ‘send’.
Send to Twitter – This will forward the attachment directly unto your twitter page. If you select this option it will bring up a window allowing access to your twitter account (twitter has to be installed and activated on your phone to complete this process). The attachment will appear on this twitter window at a designated location opting you to ‘Tweet’.
Send to Facebook –This will forward the attachment directly to your Facebook page. If you select this option it will open a small Facebook window on your phone’s screen with the file already attached (Facebook has to be installed and activated on your phone to complete this process). You may choose to enter a caption and tag before uploading the attachment.
Send As MMS – This will send the attachment directly to a MMS inbox of a recipient in your list of contacts. If you choose this option, your contact list will appear on the phone’s screen, browse and select the desired recipient. This will insert the person’s contact information in the ‘To’ field of your draft page. Press the menu button and select ‘send’.
Send to Messenger Contact – This will send the attachment directly to your BB messenger contact of choice. If you choose this option your list of BB contacts will appear on the screen, browse and select the desired recipient. Immediately the attachment will be sent. You can only send the attachment to one person at a time in your BB contact list.
Note – Only the image, file or folder attachment that you highlighted in the email will be sent to the recipient. If you want to forward the entire email containing text, sender’s information, attachments etc. that was originally sent to you then follow the instructions listed on the next page.
How to Forward BB Email with Attachment/s
- Select the BB email with attachment you would like to forward.
- Open the email message (Optional).
- Press the menu key and select ‘Forward’ or ‘Forward As’.
Forward – This quickly forwards the email with attachment/s directly to the recipient’s email address. If you select this option – follow instruction above for ‘Send As Email’.
Forward As – This gives you the option of sending the email with attachment to an Email contact, PIN number, SMS contact, MMS contact, Group contacts, Messenger contact or Twitter contact – follow instructions above for respective options.
Note – Forwarding emails and/or attachment to SMS inbox is the same as forwarding to MMS inbox. Opting to forward emails and/or attachment to PIN numbers requires entering the recipient’s PIN number in the ‘To’ field of draft page that will appear after that PIN option was selected.
Once you have completed these steps to forwarding attachments on your BlackBerry email, try repeating the process as many times as you can. Eventually this will become more natural and easy to do. Learn to manipulate your BlackBerry smartphone to send files, photos, diagrams, charts and so on by exploring the options and features of this incredible device. You will discover how much easier life can be.
References and Image Credits
- Blackberry Smartphone Email Setup https://us.blackberry.com/support/blackberry101/setup.jsp#tab_tab_email
- Social Networking for Smartphones https://us.blackberry.com/smartphones/features/social
- Download Facebook for blackberry Smartphone Free https://us.blackberry.com/smartphones/features/social/facebook.jsp
- Blackberry App World- Twitter Download https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/8160
- Download MySpace for blackberry Smartphone Free https://us.blackberry.com/smartphones/features/social/myspace.jsp
- How to Manage your Blackberry Contacts using Outlook 2003
- Best Free Applications for Blackberry Storm 2
- Check internet Speed on Your Blackberry
- Why Buy a Blackberry