I have had my BlackBerry for a year now and I have often heard stories from friends and family about error messages that they have received on their BlackBerry phones or some other physical issue that their mobile has developed. I had chalked it all up to them being irresponsible with their mobile until about two weeks ago when I also received my very own error message. It is therefore safe to say that nobody is safe, so it is great that we now have this guide to turn to when we have BlackBerry issues that we need to troubleshoot.
You never know when your BlackBerry will have its next nervous breakdown, so ensure that you bookmark this page for easy reference when the time occurs.
BlackBerry Email Issues
One of the good things about a BlackBerry and most other smartphones is the ability to push your emails. This way your emails will come straight to your phone and you will never have to wait until you at a PC to read them. Whether you are connected via BIS or BES, the possibility of an email issue is almost inevitable. Below are some guides to sorting out some of the most common BlackBerry email issues.
- Troubleshooting BlackBerry Storm Email Problems: A Guide Anyone Can Follow
- Troubleshooting: BlackBerry Email Attachment Won’t Open
- Troubleshooting: RIM Outage and Email
- How to Open Email Attachments on BlackBerry
- Guide to BlackBerry Email and Exchange Servers
- How to Synchronise your BlackBerry with BES
- Troubleshooting BlackBerry Receiving Old Emails
- How to Disable Email on BlackBerry Storm
- Troubleshooting: BB Update Breaks Outlook Sync
- Troubleshooting: How to Use the Email Lookup Feature on BlackBerry
- Troubleshooting: BlackBerry Does Not Receive Exchange Email
- Why Does My BlackBerry Receive the Same Email 3 Times?
Troubleshooting : BlackBerry Physical Components
Most of the issues that have been reported with BlackBerry smartphones are software issues, but from time to time, you may have issues with hardware components. The physical component that has the most issues is the trackball, which is why I opted for a BlackBerry model that has a trackpad. However, if you happen to have a trackball, one of the guides below will be just what you are looking for. There are other components that you may need a BlackBerry troubleshooting guide for and you can also find some of them below.
- Blackberry Troubleshooting Tips: Memory, Browsing and Trackball Issues
- Troubleshooting BlackBerry Trackballs
- How to Remove and Clean the Trackball on Your Blackberry
- Troubleshooting BlackBerry Speaker
- Troubleshooting BlackBerry Camera Problems
- Invalid BB SIM Issues
- How to Remove the Keyboard from a BlackBerry Curve 8320
- DIY: BlackBerry Repair
BlackBerry Error Messages and Other Software Issues
The BlackBerry OS and subsequently installed software causes common BlackBerry issues. The guides below will provide you with information on how to address many of the common BlackBerry error messages as well as OS issues. You will also find troubleshooting guides for other applications and software.
- BlackBerry Error Messages Explained
- BlackBerry WSOD - White Screen of Death
- Troubleshooting: Blackberry Turns off and then Back on with an Application Error
- How to Reload the Operating System on a “Nuked” BlackBerry
- Diagnose Problems on Your Blackberry
- Troubleshooting: BlackBerry Alarm
- Troubleshooting Sling Media Player on BlackBerry
- How to Wipe a BlackBerry
- Getting Your BlackBerry to a Safe Place - A Guide to Safe Mode
General BlackBerry Guides and Troubleshooting Tips
There are many processes that you can do on a BlackBerry smartphone, and every now and then you may encounter a problem when you try to complete those processes. The links below will help you to troubleshoot issues with some of your installed applications as well as problems with built-in applications. You will also learn how to perform a hard reset as often times, that is all you need to do to solve simple issues.
- Troubleshooting: BlackBerry Facebook Issues
- Troubleshooting Guide to Sending Video Files on BlackBerry
- How to Control Volume in BlackBerry Apps and Games
- How Do I Turn Off the Blinking Green Light on my BlackBerry?
- How to Fix BlackBerry Caller ID When It Only Displays a Number
- Curvy Signal Problems? Guide to Boosting Signal Strength on a BlackBerry Curve
- How to Perform a Hard Reset on a BlackBerry Smartphone
- Top Tips to Keep Your BlackBerry Smartphone Safe
Specific Model Guides
Here are some general guides for a few BlackBerry models. With these guides you can learn how to troubleshoot simple issues and also learn how to avoid some of those issues initially. You will also learn how to perform a master clear, which is a good technique for fixing major issues, but should be used as a last resort.
- Troubleshooting Guide for the BlackBerry Torch
- BlackBerry Bold Troubleshooting Guide
- How to Do a Master Clear on a BB Pearl
Now you have your very own resource center to a host of BlackBerry troubleshooting guides. There are many things that can go wrong with your BlackBerry and they can range from a simple issue with an installed app to a full BlackBerry shutdown. Either way, you should be able to find some help within the above links. If you have a BlackBerry issue and you are not able to find a solution in this guide, please let me know in the comment section and we will see about adding an article to help.
- Authors own knowledge