The Internet has transformed the way we do business or communicate, but it has opened the door to security threats. Important data can be lost, private information can be violated or network connectivity can be lost if you don’t use tools offering proactive security and multiple layers of protection. Find out in this guide how you can truly secure a network without compromising the need for easy access to information.
All About Network Security
It’s best to understand the importance of security at home or at work so you can identify risks. You also need to know that it’s not only hackers or malware can put your data in danger but also vindictive employees and even human error. Get started by checking out the articles below so you will know how all computer users could be impacted by network security breaches.
- Definition and History of Network Security
- The History Behind Network Security
- Why is Network Security Important?
- How Does Network Security Work?
- Network Security and Human Factor Considerations
- Network Security and All Its Various Forms
- Network Security 101
- Learn About Network Security Issues: A Home Computer Guide
- Monitoring System and Network Security
- Understanding Network Security and Defense Countermeasures
A disgruntled or a mischievous staff can damage or snoop on your customer’s private data. Trojan horse programs and other types of malware may be residing on your computers. These are some of the problems that you have to face if you don’t implement proper security and protection. Check out the following articles that describe network security threats and common mistakes in securing a network.
- Network Security Issues and Concerns
- Common Network Security Problems
- Most Common Types of Network Security Breaches
- Possible Network Security Breach Causes, Threats, and Attacks
- A Look at Passive vs. Active Network Security Attacks
- Common Network Security Threats to Organizations
- Top 5 Network Security Threats for Small Businesses
After understanding the sources and types of security threats, it is now easy to know how you can safeguard your network. There is an extensive selection of technologies, ranging from firewall protection to antivirus programs, that provide protection for all areas in a network. You can also use dedicated vulnerability scanners to easily identify the weak spots. Here are some software reviews and comparisons of different network security tools.
- The 5 Best Free Network Security Tools Every Administrator Should Use
- The Best Free Network Security Scanning Tools
- Free Tools for Network Management and Security
- Comparison of Network Security Scanners: NMAP vs. Nessus
- eEye Retina Network Security Scanner Review
- StormShield Review, a Comprehensive Network Security
- Network Security Protector Review - An Excellent Way to Protect Your Network
- Top Ten Free Desktop and Network Security Tests
- The Top Ten Free Network Security Tools
- Selection of the Best Network Security Software for Mac OS
- The Best Network Security Software for Mac
Your Responsibility in Protecting a Network
It’s important to set-up security policies when you set up a network, whether it is a local area network (LAN), virtual LAN or wide area network. Security policies should not only be regularly checked but also enforced. You’ll find more in the linked articles below.
- Performing a Mini Network Security Risk Analysis Audit at Home
- How to Improve Network Security to Avoid Common Network Security Mistakes
- Advantages and Disadvantages of WEP and WPA Network Security
- WEP, WPA, and WPS – Which is The Best for a Wireless Home Network
- Wireless Network Security Configuration and Countermeasures
- Roles and Responsibilities of a Network Security Administrator
- Network Security Administrator Responsibilities
Guides and Tips
Do you know that there are extra options that you can use to enhance the security of your wireless connection? Are you planning to use network monitoring on Linux without comprising system performance? Check out these handy tips and guide so you will know what to do, just in case things go wrong.
- Tutorials, Tips, and Fixes for Wireless Network Security
- A Quick Fix Tips on Computer Network Security Problems
- Reducing the Damage Caused by Network Security Threats and Identifying Attackers
- Guide to Network Security for Small Businesses
- Get Better Performance of an IDS or Network Security Monitor on Ubuntu
Training and Certification
Are you looking for top network security courses online? Are you interested to sending your employees to computer security training? Fortunately, you don’t need to look any further than this guide.
- Finding Network Security Training Online
- Ongoing Research on Network Security
- Choosing a Bachelor’s Degree: Network Security Specializations
- How to Get Certifications in Network Security
- How to Design a Secure Internal Network and Remote Access Using Encryption
- Common Network Security Interview Questions
- Top 5 Network Security Funny Videos
Bookmark this guide so you can easily share with family, friends or colleagues. If you have other tips on how to secure an Internet connection or how to securely setup a network, we’d love to hear from you. Simply post your comments below.
- Image credit: Network-transmit icon by The people from the Tango! project (The Tango! Desktop Project) [Public domain or Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons