There are currently more apps available for the iPhone than for any other smartphone. There really is an app for anything. Whatever your interest or task there’s a good chance you’ll be able to find something to help. Even better, many of them are completely free to download, install and use. Let’s take a look at what’s on offer.
Finding the Best Free Apps
There are so many free iPhone apps on offer that finding the best options can be like searching for a needle in a haystack. That’s why we’re kicking off with some advice on how to find the free applications you want. You’ll also learn about the most popular downloads for your iPhone in these general round ups. These apps will make a great start to your collection and should suit all sorts of tastes.
- How to Find Free iPhone Apps
- Top 20 Free iPhone Apps
- The Best iPhone Apps for Free
- Top Ten Free iPhone Apps
Let Me Entertain You
The iPhone is a fantastic device for mobile entertainment and fun. There are some daft apps, perfect for killing a few minutes or making you laugh, and then there are some serious entertainment apps for music and video. There’s also an app that allows you to use your iPhone as a remote control for the entertainment on your PC. We’ll take a look at a few round ups and individual options to keep boredom at bay here.
- Top Ten Free Apps for iPhone Fun
- Best Free Internet Radio Apps
- Free Music Downloader iPhone App Review
- Sony Entertainment’s Crackle for iPhone
- ITV Player iPhone App Review - For TV on the Move
- SoundHound iPhone App Review
- MobiMote is Windows Media Center Remote for Your iPhone
Apps for Sports Fans
You can find a lot of options in the App Store that cater for sports fans and there are loads of apps focussed on helping you improve at your chosen sport and keep fit. The majority of them have a price tag but there are a few options here that you can pick up for absolutely nothing.
- Free iPhone Sports Apps
- Top iPhone Apps for Football (Soccer) Fanatics
- MiCoach iPhone App from Adidas
Social Networking on iPhone
The primary purpose of your iPhone is to keep in touch with friends, family and business associates. There are countless apps designed to boost your social networking options and there are even apps that can help to reduce your phone bills. You’ll find some great messaging and calling apps here that can save you money and keep you connected for free. There’s even a social networking app that’s designed to help you find more great apps.
- Top Ten Free Social Networking Apps for iPhone
- Best iPhone Applications for Free Calls
- Freespeech on the iPhone
- Google + on the iPhone
- Zwapp: Social Networking to Find Apps
- Sharing Photos and Videos with Path
- Staying Connected with Hashable
Reading on the iPhone
If you get stuck somewhere and you have time to kill, then the iPhone can double-up as an excellent source of reading material. These free apps will allow you to access the latest news, websites and even free books. They’re perfect for that boring commute.
- Top Ten Free Reading Apps for iPhone
- Best iPhone Apps for Free E-books
- Reading Magazines on the iPhone
Staying Solvent with iPhone
The iPhone may be an expensive purchase in itself, but there are loads of apps out there to help you with your finances. Learn how to budget effectively, track your expenses, do your banking and even your taxes, all with the help of an iPhone app. Best of all, these financial apps are all free.
- Organize Your Personal Finances with Your iPhone
- Chase Banking on iPhone
- Free Banking on Your iPhone
- Quicken iPhone App Review
- Fantastic iPhone Apps to Help With Taxes
Free Driving Apps
These apps are all designed to serve drivers. You can get help finding a parking spot, learn ways to cut down on your commute and access information on repairs.
- Nationwide Mobile App for iPhone Reviewed
- Cut Down on Your Commute with Waze
- Find a Parking Spot with Parker
Finding Great Deals
Since the topic of this guide is free iPhone apps it makes sense to take a look at a few options that can help to save you money. All of these apps are free to download and install and they can help you to find great deals and offers near you. Whatever you need, you’ll find it with one of these apps.
- Get Great Deals with Groupon
- The Dealmap iPhone App Review
- Make Savings with LivingSocial
- Find What You Need Locally with Yelp
- Finding Hotels with iPhone
- Discover Great Restaurants with Foodspotting
Personalize Your iPhone on the Cheap
Everyone likes to stamp their own identity on their phone and with these iPhone apps you can do it for free. There’s a roundup of apps offering great backgrounds for your iPhone. TapTones allows you to create free ringtones. You’ll also find a comprehensive theming app, but you will need to jailbreak your iPhone to enjoy that one.
- The Best Free iPhone Wallpaper Application
- Create Unlimited Free Ringtones for Your iPhone with TapTones
- Theme Your iPhone with the Theme It App
There are so many great free apps in the App Store that this guide barely scratches the surface. Do you have a favorite? Post a comment and let us know about it.