- slide 1 of 6
This article is Part 2 of a three-part series and covers keyboard shortcuts found in the Image, Adjust, Layers, Selections, and Window menus of Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2. Part 1 (//www.brighthub.com/multimedia/publishing/articles/5989.aspx) deals with keyboard shortcuts found in the File, Edit, and View menus. Keyboard shortcuts relating to brushes and tools are discussed in Part 3 of this series.
- slide 2 of 6
Image Menu Keyboard Shortcuts
- 16 Color Palette - Ctrl+Shift+8 - Increases the number of colors to 16.
- 16 Color Palette - Ctrl+Shift+2 - Decreases the number of colors to 16.
- 2 Color Palette - Ctrl+Shift+1 - Decreases the number of colors to 2.
- 256 Color Palette - Ctrl+Shift+9 - Increases the number of colors to 256.
- 256 Color Palette - Ctrl+Shift+3 - Decreases the number of colors to 256.
- 32K Colors (8 bits/channel) - Ctrl+Shift+4 - Decreases the number of colors to 32K.
- 64K Colors (8 bits/channel) - Ctrl+Shift+5 - Decreases the number of colors to 64K.
- Crop to Selection - Shift+R - Crops the image to the current selection.
- Edit Palette - Shift+P - Edits the palette for the current selection.
- Flip - Ctrl+I – Flips the image.
- Free Rotate - Ctrl+R – Rotates the image.
- Image Information - Shift+I - View details about the current image.
- Load Palette - Shift+O - Loads a saved palette from disk, and applies it to the current image.
- Mirror - Ctrl+M – Applies a mirror to the current image.
- Resize - Shift+S - Changes the size of the current image
- RGB - 8 bits/channel - Ctrl+Shift+0 - Increases the number of colors to 16 million (24 bit).
- View Palette Transparency - Shift+V - Views the background through the transparent color.
- X Colors (4/8 bit) - Ctrl+Shift+6 - Decreases the number of colors to a value you select.
- slide 3 of 6
Adjust Menu Keyboard Shortcuts
- Brightness/Contrast - Shift+B – Adjusts the brightness and/or contrast of the current image.
- Colorize - Shift+L - Colorizes the current image.
- Highlight/Midtone/Shadow - Shift+M - Adjusts the brightness of the highlights and shadows of the current image.
- Histogram Adjustment - Ctrl+Shift+H - Adjusts the current image while viewing the histogram.
- Histogram Equalize - Shift+E - Equalizes the relative brightness of the current image.
- Histogram Stretch - Shift+T - Stretches the contrast of the current image to include all possible values.
- Hue/Saturation/Lightness - Shift+H - Adjusts the hue, saturation and/or lightness of the current image.
- Red/Green/Blue - Shift+U - Adjusts the red, green, and/or blue properties of the current image.
- slide 4 of 6
Layers Menu Keyboard Shortcuts
- Hide All - Shift+Y - Makes a new mask that hides the entire selected layer.
- Invert Mask/Adjustment - Shift+K - Inverts the current mask or selected adjustment layer.
- View Overlay - Ctrl+Alt+V - Toggles the overlay for the selected layer.
- slide 5 of 6
Selections Menu Keyboard Shortcuts
- Defloat - Ctrl+Shift+F - Places the floating selection into the current image.
- Feather - Ctrl+H - Feathers the existing selection.
- Float - Ctrl+F - Converts the current regular selection into a floating selection.
- From Mask - Ctrl+Shift+S - Creates a new selection from the current mask.
- From Vector Object - Ctrl+Shift+B - Creates a raster selection from the current vector selection.
- Hide Marquee - Ctrl+Shift+M – Hides the selection marquee.
- Invert - Ctrl+Shift+I - Inverts the current selection area
- Promote Selection to Layer - Ctrl+Shift+P - Promotes a floating selection to a new layer.
- Select All - Ctrl+A – Selects the entire image.
- Select None - Ctrl+D – Deselects any items that are currently selected.
- slide 6 of 6
Window Menu Keyboard Shortcuts
- Duplicate - Shift+D – Makes a duplicate of the current image.
- Fit to Image - Ctrl+W - Fits the window to the current image.
- New Window - Shift+W - Opens the current selection in a new window.