This article is Part 2 of a three-part series and covers keyboard shortcuts found in the Image, Adjust, Layers, Selections, and Window menus of Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2. Part 1 (https://www.brighthub.com/multimedia/publishing/articles/5989.aspx) deals with keyboard shortcuts found in the File, Edit, and View menus. Keyboard shortcuts relating to brushes and tools are discussed in Part 3 of this series.
Image Menu Keyboard Shortcuts
- 16 Color Palette – Ctrl+Shift+8 – Increases the number of colors to 16.
- 16 Color Palette – Ctrl+Shift+2 – Decreases the number of colors to 16.
- 2 Color Palette – Ctrl+Shift+1 – Decreases the number of colors to 2.
- 256 Color Palette – Ctrl+Shift+9 – Increases the number of colors to 256.
- 256 Color Palette – Ctrl+Shift+3 – Decreases the number of colors to 256.
- 32K Colors (8 bits/channel) – Ctrl+Shift+4 – Decreases the number of colors to 32K.
- 64K Colors (8 bits/channel) – Ctrl+Shift+5 – Decreases the number of colors to 64K.
- Crop to Selection – Shift+R – Crops the image to the current selection.
- Edit Palette – Shift+P – Edits the palette for the current selection.
- Flip – Ctrl+I – Flips the image.
- Free Rotate – Ctrl+R – Rotates the image.
- Image Information – Shift+I – View details about the current image.
- Load Palette – Shift+O – Loads a saved palette from disk, and applies it to the current image.
- Mirror – Ctrl+M – Applies a mirror to the current image.
- Resize – Shift+S – Changes the size of the current image
- RGB – 8 bits/channel – Ctrl+Shift+0 – Increases the number of colors to 16 million (24 bit).
- View Palette Transparency – Shift+V – Views the background through the transparent color.
- X Colors (4/8 bit) – Ctrl+Shift+6 – Decreases the number of colors to a value you select.
Adjust Menu Keyboard Shortcuts
- Brightness/Contrast – Shift+B – Adjusts the brightness and/or contrast of the current image.
- Colorize – Shift+L – Colorizes the current image.
- Highlight/Midtone/Shadow – Shift+M – Adjusts the brightness of the highlights and shadows of the current image.
- Histogram Adjustment – Ctrl+Shift+H – Adjusts the current image while viewing the histogram.
- Histogram Equalize – Shift+E – Equalizes the relative brightness of the current image.
- Histogram Stretch – Shift+T – Stretches the contrast of the current image to include all possible values.
- Hue/Saturation/Lightness – Shift+H – Adjusts the hue, saturation and/or lightness of the current image.
- Red/Green/Blue – Shift+U – Adjusts the red, green, and/or blue properties of the current image.
Layers Menu Keyboard Shortcuts
- Hide All – Shift+Y – Makes a new mask that hides the entire selected layer.
- Invert Mask/Adjustment – Shift+K – Inverts the current mask or selected adjustment layer.
- View Overlay – Ctrl+Alt+V – Toggles the overlay for the selected layer.
Selections Menu Keyboard Shortcuts
- Defloat – Ctrl+Shift+F – Places the floating selection into the current image.
- Feather – Ctrl+H – Feathers the existing selection.
- Float – Ctrl+F – Converts the current regular selection into a floating selection.
- From Mask – Ctrl+Shift+S – Creates a new selection from the current mask.
- From Vector Object – Ctrl+Shift+B – Creates a raster selection from the current vector selection.
- Hide Marquee – Ctrl+Shift+M – Hides the selection marquee.
- Invert – Ctrl+Shift+I – Inverts the current selection area
- Promote Selection to Layer – Ctrl+Shift+P – Promotes a floating selection to a new layer.
- Select All – Ctrl+A – Selects the entire image.
- Select None – Ctrl+D – Deselects any items that are currently selected.
Window Menu Keyboard Shortcuts
- Duplicate – Shift+D – Makes a duplicate of the current image.
- Fit to Image – Ctrl+W – Fits the window to the current image.
- New Window – Shift+W – Opens the current selection in a new window.