Making your own purchase orders is quite simple when you utilize Microsoft Word and the templates Microsoft provides to accomplish this desktop publishing task. Follow the steps below to personalize one for your kind of business.
1) Open Microsoft Word by clicking on the icon for it in your “Start" menu on the bottom left-hand corner of your computer screen. A blank document will appear on your screen.
2) Click on the “Office Button" on the top left-hand icon of your screen. A drill down menu will appear with “New" at the top of the list. Click on “New" which will present you with a long list of template categories on the left hand side.
3) Click on the “Installed Templates" which is the second option on the drill down menu. All of the installed templates will appear in miniature images for your review.
4) Type “Purchase Order" into the blank search box and then click “Search" or your return key. This will narrow the results to include all of the template options for purchase orders. All of the templates already installed on your Word program will appear.
5) Peruse the options by clicking on the title or the image of the template itself. There are a large number of templates which include different business categories, tracking purposes and intended uses for your purchase orders. Click on the template that best serves your needs. If you want more template options, go to https://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/results.aspx?qu=purhase+orders+word&av=TPL000 and review their options. Either way, the remaining directions apply to both methods.
6) Click on “Download" located under the template you decided upon. The template will then download for you to open up and work with in Word.
7) From here it’s only a matter of customizing the text and tweaking the format to your specifications. Save your finished product, proof it, and then print it out. Now you will have it saved and available on your computer for easy access in the future.