Motorola Cliq Manual - Loading Apps on the Motorola Cliq
Most Useful Tips and Tricks for the Motorola Cliq
To return to the home screen, press the Home icon.
To see recent apps, press and hold the Home icon.
To see recently dialed numbers, tap the Dialer icon and select Recent.
To sleep the phone, press the Power icon.
To wake the phone, press the Menu icon.
To lock the screen, press Menu, select Settings, open Display & Security, and choose Screen Lock.
To turn the ringer on, slide the ringer switch up.
To turn the ringer off, slide the ringer switch down.
To use Google Search, press the Search icon on the keypad.
To use the Voice Search with Google, press and hold the Search icon on the keypad.
To turn airplane mode on or off, press and hold the Power icon. Then select Airplane Mode.
To turn Bluetooth on or off, press and hold the Power icon. Then select Bluetooth.
To turn Wi-Fi on or off, press and hold the Power icon. Then select Wi-Fi.
To turn GPS on or off, press and hold the Power icon. Then select GPS.
To zoom in on a webpage, press the icon with the magnification lens.
To quickly move to the top of a list, press Alternate key and scroll Up.
To quickly move to the bottom of a list, press Alternate key and scroll Down.
To open the touchscreen keypad, tap a text field when phone is closed.
To conserve battery power, follow these recommendations from the Motorola Cliq manual:
- Update e-mails less frequently - To do this, tap the Messaging icon, open Menu, select Messaging Settings, choose Email, click Get New Email, and set it to Every Hour.
- Adjust Google app updates - To do this, press Menu, open Settings, select Google Synchronization, and set it to Background Data.
- Reduce data speed to 2G - To do this, press Menu, open Settings, select Wireless Controls, choose Mobile Networks, click Select Network, and set it to 2G Only.
- Reduce screen brightness - To do this, press Menu, open Settings, select Display & Security, choose Brightness, and set it to a dimmer setting.
- Reduce the screen timeout time - To do this, press Menu, select Settings, open Display & Security, choose Screen Timeout, and set it to a shorter duration.
Loading apps on the Motorola Cliq starts with the Android Market. Open the Android Market from the home screen by tapping on the market icon. Browse the vast selection of apps and select the ones you want. Tap on the app and then select Install. If the app isn’t free, purchase the app by selecting Buy.
To manage the downloaded apps, press Menu, open Settings, choose Applications, and click Manage Applications. You have the option to Uninstall or Clear Cache. To reinstall apps, press the Home icon, open the Android Market, and select My Downloads. There is a list from which you can download previously purchased apps.
There are several shortcuts in Day View for the calendar.
- The ‘a’ key will bring up the Agenda View.
- The ’m’ key will bring up the Month View.
- The ‘w’ key will bring up the Week View.
- The ‘p’ key will bring up the Settings Panel.
- The ’n’ key will bring up a New Event Dialogue.
Motorola Cliq Manual - https://www.motorola.com/staticfiles/Support/US-EN/Mobile%20Phones/MOTOROLA_CLIQ_MOTOBLUR/US-EN/_Documents/Static_Files/CLIQ_UG_TMO_final_68000202382a.pdf
Motorola Owners Forum - https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/22281
Image Credit - Image courtesy of https://www.motorola.com