Since its inception, a mobile phone has been an indispensable tool in the world of business, even if it’s just keeping you in touch with the office. Of course the arrival of smartphones has completely revolutionized the way we do business and I guarantee you’ll be amazed at the excellent range of tools and Android apps for business trips that can come to your rescue.
From the outset there are a great range of apps that can get you organized, keep an eye on your schedule and get you where you need to be on time. One of the most useful types of apps to have with you, though, are those that let you view and edit documents directly on your phone, no matter what the file type.
We also pull together some apps for traditional business uses like scanning and printing, and business presentations aren’t forgotten either.
The biggest minefield on a business trip is keeping track of those expenses, so invoice, expenses and mileage tracker apps are our final destination on this trip.
You don’t want to head out on any business trip without being organized, so take a look at this selection before you leave the office. There’s nothing worse than not being able to find that business you’re visiting, or feeling frazzled with all the tasks you have to do, so let apps take the stress away. Get your Android loaded up with one of the best email clients to make sure you don’t miss anything while you are out and about.
- Finding Businesses and Directions Using Yellowbook
- Get Organized with these Android Apps
- Keep That Appointment Using the Best Calendar Apps
- Stay on Task with the Tag-To-Do-List
- Which is the Best Email Client for Android?
- Round-Up of the Top Android PIM Apps (Personal Information Manager)
- Best Droid Apps for Business
View & Edit Documents
So many apps, so little time on your trip to find out which are the best ones for documents. So we’ve brought together the ones that are worthy of adorning your Android screen. We look at word processing options, Google docs, Excel on Android, PDF viewers and even specific choices for the HTC Evo owners amongst us.
- Top Five Android Office Apps
- Excel on Android - Best Choices Reviewed
- Best HTV Evo Office Apps
- Office Suite Vs. Documents to Go for Android
- Working with Google Documents on your iPhone
- WordPerfect on Android
- Best Android OpenOffice Apps
- Best Android PDF Viewer
Business Card Readers & Scanner Apps
Despite living in a technological age, many business cards still get handed around and they are all too easy to lose among all the other paraphernalia you carry around on your trip, but Android apps for scanning business cards are coming to your rescue. We also look at other scanner apps to assist you, including one that can be used to create PDF files.
- Best Business Card Reader for Android
- Best Android Scanner Apps when on the Move
- Create PDF Files from Images with the Scan2PDF App
Printing & Faxing on the Go
Printer apps aren’t to be underestimated as great tools in many situations when you are out and about. Not only do they help you print wirelessly, some options can even allow you to send your documents over the Internet to any printer, so you can keep those back at the office on their toes and in the know when you are on your trip. We’ve even thrown in some of the best options for faxing apps too.
Business Presentation Time
At one point or another on your business trip you are probably going to be called on to make a presentation. We take a look at using PowerPoint on Android as well as Android Bluetooth keyboard solutions to make controlling the presentation a whole lot easier. And why not take your presentation a step further by embracing the latest in DLNA media streaming technology?
- Perfect Presentation with PowerPoint on Android
- Android Bluetooth Keyboard Tools and Apps - Perfect for Controlling Presentations
- HTC Media Link - DLNA-Enabled Media Streamer
Money, Money, Money - The Finance Bit
One area of your business trip you definitely want to keep in check is organizing those expenses - lose a receipt or forget to record something and you could find yourself out of pocket when you return to the office. Make sure everything is recorded with these finance apps that track your expenses, allow you to send out invoices when on the road, and keep track of mileage covered.
- Sending Out Business Invoices on Android
- Best Android Mileage Tracking Apps
- Review of Mileage Ledger - GPS Mileage Tracking
- Best Android Expense Tracker Apps
There are many areas of business travel where apps can come to the rescue, but from a purely professional business point of view I’m sure you’ll find this selection has covered most of your needs. Please let us know if there are any apps you never travel without when on business.