These shortcuts are to be used while typing in any application:
· Press the Space key two times to insert a period.
· Hold a letter key to capitalize a letter. (Hold the key until the letter is capitalized).
· Pres the Alt + (any character key) to insert the alternative character on that key.
· Hold any letter key while rolling the trackball to the left or right to type in the special or accent character.
· Hold the Alt key and press a number key to key in that number in a password field
· Press the Alt + Left Shift key to turn on the NUM lock.
· Press the Alt + Right Shift key to turn on the CAP lock.
· Press the shift key to turn off the NUM lock and CAP lock features.
· Press the Space key to insert the (@) sign in an email field.
· Press the Shift key while rolling the trackball to highlight the line of text.
· Hold the Shift key and roll the trackball to highlight a character at a time.
· Press the Escape key to cancel the selection of text.
· Press the Shift + Backspace/Delete keys to cut highlighted text.
· Press the Alt key while clicking the trackball to copy highlighted text.
Press the Shift key while clicking the trackball to paste in text.
These shortcuts are to be used when searching inside any application:
· Type the initials (separated by a space) or name of a contact to search a contact list
· Press the S key to search messages or memos for a specific text
· Press the F key to search attachments or web address for a specific text
Press the F key to search presentations for specific text while in text view or text and slide view.
These shortcuts are to be used when viewing attachments
· Press the F key to search an attachment for text
· Press the G key to return to previous cursor location after closing and reopening an attachment.
· Press the G key to move to a specific cell in a spreadsheet.
· Press the Space key to view the content of the current cell in a spreadsheet.
· Press the V key, highlight the worksheet and press the Enter key to switch worksheets.
· Press the H key to view any hidden columns and rows in a spreadsheet.
· Press the H key again to re-hide the rows and columns in a spreadsheet.
· Press the M key to switch views in a presentation.
· Press the P key to move to the previous slide in a presentation
· Press the G key to move to the previous cursor location after reopening a presentation in text view or text and slide view.
This post is part of the series: Three-Part Article Series Detailing Blackberry Keyboard Shortcuts for the Newbie
A new BlackBerry can be a little intimidating if you don’t understand how to best use it. In this three-part series, I will list all of the keyboard shortcuts that will help strengthen and maximize your BlackBerry skills. These shortcuts are very helpful for anyone whether a newbie or an expert.