- slide 1 of 3
These shortcuts are to be used while typing in any application:
· Press the Space key two times to insert a period.
· Hold a letter key to capitalize a letter. (Hold the key until the letter is capitalized).
· Pres the Alt + (any character key) to insert the alternative character on that key.
· Hold any letter key while rolling the trackball to the left or right to type in the special or accent character.
· Hold the Alt key and press a number key to key in that number in a password field
· Press the Alt + Left Shift key to turn on the NUM lock.
· Press the Alt + Right Shift key to turn on the CAP lock.
· Press the shift key to turn off the NUM lock and CAP lock features.
· Press the Space key to insert the (@) sign in an email field.
· Press the Shift key while rolling the trackball to highlight the line of text.
· Hold the Shift key and roll the trackball to highlight a character at a time.
· Press the Escape key to cancel the selection of text.
· Press the Shift + Backspace/Delete keys to cut highlighted text.
· Press the Alt key while clicking the trackball to copy highlighted text.
Press the Shift key while clicking the trackball to paste in text.
- slide 2 of 3
These shortcuts are to be used when searching inside any application:
· Type the initials (separated by a space) or name of a contact to search a contact list
· Press the S key to search messages or memos for a specific text
· Press the F key to search attachments or web address for a specific text
Press the F key to search presentations for specific text while in text view or text and slide view.
- slide 3 of 3
These shortcuts are to be used when viewing attachments
· Press the F key to search an attachment for text
· Press the G key to return to previous cursor location after closing and reopening an attachment.
· Press the G key to move to a specific cell in a spreadsheet.
· Press the Space key to view the content of the current cell in a spreadsheet.
· Press the V key, highlight the worksheet and press the Enter key to switch worksheets.
· Press the H key to view any hidden columns and rows in a spreadsheet.
· Press the H key again to re-hide the rows and columns in a spreadsheet.
· Press the M key to switch views in a presentation.
· Press the P key to move to the previous slide in a presentation
· Press the G key to move to the previous cursor location after reopening a presentation in text view or text and slide view.
Complete List of Blackberry Keyboard Shortcuts for the Newbie Part Two
A new BlackBerry can be a little intimidating if you don’t understand how to best use it. In this three-part series, I will list all of the keyboard shortcuts that will help strengthen and maximize your BlackBerry skills. These shortcuts are very helpful for anyone whether a newbie or an expert.