- slide 1 of 3
Transferring Songs From PC to SanDisk MP3 Player
Gone are the days when people used to carry bulky cassette or CD players with them for listening to their favorite music. Today, there is no longer the need to carry around cassettes or CDs to get the musical variety you like to listen to throughout your day. MP3 players have so much eased the way we listen the music, in the form of a small, portable and lightweight device.
Got a SanDisk MP3 player and wondering “How do I load songs on my SanDisk MP3 player?" Well, in the beginning, the initial process of transferring songs to the player might seem difficult, but once you go through the steps mentioned below, the procedure will look easier.
If you have a SanDisk MP3 player and want to transfer your favorite songs from your PC to the MP3 player, follow the steps below.
- slide 2 of 3
Things You’ll Need
1. SanDisk MP3 Player
2. USB cable (that came with the player)
3. PC with Windows installed
4. Windows Media Player 11
- slide 3 of 3
Steps To Follow
1. Turn your SanDisk MP3 player on and connect it to your computer using the USB cable.
2. Launch Windows Media Player 11.
3. On the right toolbar of the Windows Media Player, there is a column on the top that says “Sync List". Below that, there is a text that reads “Drag items here". Select the songs you want to transfer to your SanDisk MP3 player and drag them over to that text area. When you will drag them, a plus sign will appear. At this time, release the mouse button and your song will be listed in the Windows Media Player’s sync list.
Note: Your library is located in the center of the screen, and the playlist and library listings are in a column at the left side.
4. Once you have dragged all the songs you want to transfer on to the right toolbar, click on the “Start Sync" button at the bottom. When you will click the button, a new window will open showing the songs that you selected to transfer. The computer will sync these songs to your SanDisk MP3 player, and the process will complete in a little while.
Important: Don’t disconnect the MP3 player from the PC until you see a message telling you it’s OK to do so.
5. When the sync is complete, a message will appear telling you that it’s now OK to disconnect the player from the PC. Unplug the USB cable from your PC and the player.
When you will unplug the cable from the player, a message should flash on the device’s screen that will say “Configuring (or creating) library." At this point your player is working to store the copied songs in its library, or if the library is not already created, it will be created. This process will take a few seconds to complete. When this is done, you can play the copied songs on your SanDisk MP3 player as normal.