If you need to know how to delete books from Nook Color devices, it must be that your Nook Color is getting full, or you may have books on it you no longer want. You can accomplish a delete by accessing your Nook library from the Barnes and Noble website:
- Open an Internet browser, such as Firefox or Internet Explorer. Navigate to the Barnes and Noble website by typing the website URL in the address bar at the top of the screen.
- Once you arrive on the Barnes and Noble website, click My Account at the top of the page, and enter your username and password you created when you first set up your Nook Color.
- Click My Nook Library and you will see a list of books that currently reside on your Nook Color.
- Scroll through the books until you find the book that you want to delete.
- Select the Delete link, and then click Delete again to confirm that you want to remove the book from your Nook.
You will need to sync your Nook Color to update it, so it will not show the book you just deleted. Go to your Nook Color library and press the Sync button that is in the lower left corner. This is the button you press each time you purchase a book from Barnes & Noble to get it to show up on your Nook. The button has an arrow around a circle. When you press this button, your Nook will sync and the book will then be deleted.
Delete Books Using Your Computer
The Nook Color stores e-books you purchase from Barnes and Noble, e-books you get from your library, and other downloads. It does have limited storage space so you can delete books you don’t like or have already read from your computer. To learn how to delete books from the Nook Color using your computer, you can simply connect the device to your computer and delete the books from it:
- Connect your Nook to your computer.
- Plug one end of a USB cable into your Nook, and the plug the other end of the cable into an available USB port on the front or back of your computer.
- Click the Start button, and then click Computer.
- Find your Nook Color listed in the Devices with Removable Storage section and double-click it. You will see the books that currently reside on your Nook.
- Find the book that you want to delete, right-click it and select Delete. The book will then be deleted from the Nook Color.
- Close the Window by clicking the X in the upper right-hand corner.
- Disconnect the USB cable from your Nook to remove it from your computer.
You do not need to sync your Nook this time, as you deleted the book directly from the Nook using your computer.
Archive Books from the Nook Color
If you don't want to permanently delete a book from your Nook Color, you also have the option to Archive the book. This still removes the book from your Nook, but it is not deleted, and you can easily put it back. If you are low on space but think you may want to read the book again sometime in the future, you should not delete it but archive it, instead. It is simple to archive a book directly on your Nook and it only takes a couple of steps. Simply touch and hold the book, and then select Archive. The book will automatically archive and you will not see it listed on your Nook Color. The book is still available on the Barnes and Noble website if you want to re-download it in the future.
If you are having problems deleting the book from the Nook Color and it won’t work there are some things you can do:
- The first thing you should do is power off the Nook Color and turn it back on again to restart it. To turn it off, hold down the power button and press the N home button at the same time until you see a notification appear on the screen.
- Follow the prompts to power off your Nook Color.
- Leave it turned off for a few minutes before you turn it back on.
- After it comes back on, navigate to your Library on your Nook to check if the book you deleted is listed there. If it is not, then the book is deleted.
- Try to sync your Nook Color again if the book is still listed.
- Navigate back to the Barnes and Noble website, and go back to your Library to make sure the book is not listed. If it is, delete it again, and then sync the Nook Color again.
Do you have other questions or tips when it comes to deleting books on your Nook Color device? If so, be sure to visit the comments section below.
- Nook Color image credit: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/nook-back-to-school/379003033/