General Thoughts and Tips on Building a Custom Gaming PC
Well, they all grow up so fast. Looks like you’re on your way to graduating from our PC Building Academy. And we’ve been there for you all the way, making sure that you had a firm hand guiding your decisions for the best gaming peripherals and hardware. Time to put it all together for your perfect gaming rig and to finally take the rig out on a test drive.
If you glean little else from this huge series on building your perfect gaming rig, take this away: your rig is your own - as my father used to joke with me when I was 10 and building my first one, your first PC is your own Frankenstein. And nothing feels better than giving your creation life and seeing it work. Even to this day, I’ll still get some good chills from having completed a successful build of a new rig. It’s the sort of experience you’ll treasure for a long time to come, not to mention you can then begin to revel in your new technical knowledge. Amaze your friends! Stupefy your enemies! The world’s your oyster.
Furthermore, the part that most people started the series in order to achieve is that good old fashioned American Dream - the dream of being expertly cheap. Let’s face it - electronics stores, Dell, Online Stores, they’re all out for one thing and one thing only - a quick buck. So, why not turn things against them and be one less number that goes to them for computers? Sure, they’ll still get money for that notebook you just HAVE to have, but at least your desktop will be significantly cheaper. As a matter of fact, check out how to build a cheap gaming PC - you’ll be amazed at the type of computer you’ll have with a deep discount, and the fact that you put it together gives you a certain affinity for your creation.
Last but not least, I want you to remember to have fun with it. Most of all, I had a great time just by researching the best PC peripherals and hardware for you - Newegg and TigerDirect are your friends, and as you’re spending the money, just think of how great it’ll be as soon as all that gear comes in and you get to put it all together. I’ve had a great time explaining to you the basic concepts behind how our favorite PC hardware pieces work - and I hope you’ve enjoyed it as well. Stick around Brighthub for more how-to guides (for instance, photos and step-by-step instructions to build a gaming PC with all these great parts we chose in this series) and to further your knowledge of PC Gaming and PC Building. We look forward to continuing to deliver information you can trust.
This post is part of the series: Building the Perfect Gamer PC
Articles that will help you build the perfect gaming rig!
- Understanding and Choosing Video Cards and Components
- What to Look and Listen for in a Sound Card
- Review of the Best Sound Cards
- Choosing the Right Speakers for PC Gaming
- The Best Speakers for Computer Gaming
- The Basics Behind a Computer Processor
- The Best Computer Processors for PC Gaming
- What a Hard Drive Is and How it Can Help Your PC Gaming Machine
- How Power Supplies Keep Your Gaming PC Up and Running
- The Top Power Supplies for PC Gaming Computers
- Differences Between CRT and LCD Monitors for PC Gaming
- Top Monitor Choices for PC Gaming
- Why the Right Mouse Matters for PC Gaming
- Reviewing the Field of Mice for PC Gaming
- Finding the Right Keyboard for PC Gaming
- Tips to Keep in Mind When Building a Gaming PC