Top Females in Business: Six through Ten
Not to be outshined by numbers one through five, the following five female entrepreneurs are not only successful, but are achieving great revenues and growth rates.
6. Saskia Strick – CEO of International Checkout, Ms. Strick realized she could obtain online merchants as clients for this online ordering platform company. Based in Santa Monica, California, this company was the winner of the American Business Award in both 2008 and 2009, Saskia offers services from International Checkout in twelve countries beyond the US and Canada. Ms. Strick is happy to boast $7.2 million in revenues and a growth rate of 2.191.2%. Learn more about Saskia’s success by visiting the company’s website.
7. Louisa Jaffe – Ms. Jaffe is the CEO of Technical and Project Engineering or TAPE. With revenues of $16.6 million and a growth rate of 1,890.5%, this government services company located in Kingstowne, Virginia has clients such as the US Army, Homeland Security, the FAA, and the US Coast Guard. Louisa is a 28-year US Army veteran and was recalled by the Army National Guard when the 9/11 terrorist attacks hit. In 2003, after retiring as a lieutenant colonel, she formed TAPE with her husband William. Ms. Jaffe has also worked for the Pentagon as well as in many other armed forces-related jobs. TAPE provides services to government agencies and includes program management, force development, and IT services. Learn more about Ms. Jaffe and her company by visiting TAPE’s website.
8. Stacey Pittman – President and CEO of ClinAssure, an Irvine, California based company, Ms. Pittman has realized $5 million in revenues and a growth rate of 1.743%. Stacey’s background includes more than 20 years in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries. Before forming ClinAssure, Ms. Pittman worked for Pfizer, Parexel International and Genetech. Providing clinical trails for many pharmaceutical companies, ClinAssure also offers clinical study and site monitoring services, process development, and strategic clinical consulting. Learn what makes ClinAssure and Ms. Pittman so successful by visiting the company’s website.
9. Michele Honomichl – Ms. Honomichl is CEO of Celergo, a payroll outsourcing service company located in Deerfield, Illinois. Celegro has realized revenues of $8.6 million with a growth rate of 1.581.2%. This payroll service company operates internationally in more than 90 countries and Michele often lectures on everything payroll to knowledge-hungry HR executives. Voted one of the 101 Best and Brightest companies to work for by the National Association for Business Resources (NABR) in July of 2009, find out more about Ms. Honomichl and Celegro by visiting their website.
10. Therese Tucker – Ms. Tucker is CEO of BlackLine Systems, a financial services company based in Calabasas, California. With revenues of $5 million and a growth rate of 1.452.5%, Ms. Tucker and BlackLine Systems may be number ten on the list, but her efforts include “Tax Answer Scenarios." This tax planning software program is geared toward the CPA and tax preparers to aid them in assisting clients and was solely developed by Therese. Prior to heading up BlackLine, Ms. Tucker was Chief Technical Officer of SunGard Treasury Systems. Blackline Systems offers high-tech software accounting help and Ms. Tucker’s clients include AT&T, Baxter, and Boeing. Find out more about Ms. Tucker by visiting BlackLine’s website.
Our thanks go out to Inc. Magazine online who provided the names for this top ten list of female entrepreneurs and here’s to much success in the future for all of these ambitious and creative women.
For more inspiring stories, check out the other profiles in Bright Hub's Collection of Interviews and Biographies of Successful Entrepreneurs.