Investment for Business Card Selling Business
How much in the way of funds you need depends on, among others, whether you wish to run this business from home or rent an office space, hire a graphic designer, or print the business cards with your own printer. In case of the latter, your upfront investment will be high. On the other hand, should you choose to outsource printing, the money you need to launch this business will be low. In any case, for high-volume or special printing you should opt for a printer service.
TIP: Begin with an investment in a printer like HP Officejet 4500 to create samples and show them to your prospects. Such a printer also helps fulfill small business card orders.
Here are the main items you’ve to budget for to start the business card selling business.
- Office space (if you can’t or don’t want to run your business from home)
- Computer systems (doesn’t apply if you already have these with items that include a fast processors, high-capacity RAMs and high-capacity hard disks)
- Software like Photoshop or Illustrator
- Business card stock of different types like matte, glossy, metal and magnetic
- Salary for graphic designers and other staff
- Website domain name registration, design and development
- High-speed Internet connection
- Business card templates
- Marketing costs that include advertisement and brochures