Everything Fails, What do I Do Now?
You are a Bright Hub reader and we have solutions. This will be the second most radical solution (the first one was the clean install under the “Corrupt .Net Installation" section.) Follow the instructions below carefully and step-by-step (assuming you have a PCI TV Card).
1. Download the latest drivers and other software from the manufacturer’s website
2. Uninstall all the drivers and software on your system
3. Run a cleaning/tuning program
4. Turn off your computer
5. Open up your computer case and take out the TV card
6. Reboot your computer while the TV card is out
7. Run the cleaning utility again and get rid of every traces of the previous software.
8. Shut down the computer
9. Plug in the TV Card to a slot different from the one that you have unplugged it. If available, plug it to the first PCI slot (the topmost PCI slot)
10. Boot your computer
11. Install drivers when/as prompted
12. Configure your Media Center
If you are a Windows Vista user, after you boot [10th step] Windows will possibly recognize the hardware and install its own driver. In configuring the Media Center, bear in mind that you will not be able to click on the “Next" button unless you have a Media Center compatible remote control. Therefore, it will be a good idea to complete the installation of the remote control before running the Media Center configuration.