Best Selling Flea Market Items
This article describes 10 best selling flea market items. One of the biggest nightmares for any vendor or retailer, at any level, is ending up with stockpiles of merchandise that don’t sell. Every other aspect of the business can be picture perfect, but if you do little to nothing, the business is most likely doomed to failure. As an added bonus, you will also find search terms after each description. This should help you quickly locate good quality wholesale products at fair prices. When using the search terms, you should also add your city or town name to the search in order to uncover sources close to you.
What to Search For - and How to Search
1. Sunglasses: Although they are popular summertime sellers, sunglasses also sell well during the winter months. You can sell legal knock-offs, inexpensive generic sunglasses, or a combination of the two. Do some research to see what styles sell best in your area.
Keyword Phrases: wholesale sunglasses, closeout sunglasses
[caption id=”” align="aligncenter” width="600”]
2. T-Shirts: They are perennial best-sellers. Buy in bulk, price them right, and you can build a steady sales volume. With a $300 to $500 investment, you can purchase a good heat press and supplies. With this setup, you can take orders for custom-printed T-shirts.
Keyword Phrases: t-shirts+wholesale, T-shirts+closeouts, heat transfer machine
3. Inexpensive Toys: During the summer months, water pistols and water cannons sell well. Low-cost toys that sell from one to two dollars are popular all year.
Keyword Phrases: low-cost toys+wholesale, low-cost toys+closeouts
4. Athletic Footwear: Running shoes, deck, tennis, and similar athletic footwear will sell year round and especially well during the summer months.
Keyword Phrases: athletic footwear+closeouts, athletic footwear+wholesale
5. Baseball Caps: These are another great year-round seller. Find a good supply source and you can build a good income base selling popular style baseball and sports caps.
Keyword Phrases: baseball caps+wholesale, baseball caps+closeouts
6. Covers and Cases for Personal Electronics: Look for attractive cases and covers for cell phones (i.e. iPhones), personal organizers, e-readers (i.e. Kindle Readers); they generally sell well all year.
Keyword Phrases: wholesale ipad cases, wholesale cell phone cases. You can also substitute wholesale with closeout and cases with covers
7. Fresh Produce: People love fresh fruits, vegetables, and herbs–especially when they are priced right. If you have the ability to grow significant quantities of fresh produce, you can specialize in this area during harvest periods.
Keyword Phrases: wholesale produce +YOUR_CITY
If a search returns few or no results, you may need to check the yellow pages for local produce wholesalers. 8. Posters and Prints: Large images that stir people’s emotions are always good sellers. As an example, Justin Bieber posters would definitely be a great seller among female teens.
Keyword Phrases: wholesale posters, wholesale prints, closeout posters, wholesale prints, closeout prints
9. Jewelry: Both hand-crafted and stylish costume jewelry are year-round sellers. If you make your own jewelry stock, focus on creating pieces that are similar to popular-selling high-priced jewelry.
[caption id=”” align="aligncenter” width="600”] Jewelry generally sells well at flea markets[/caption]
Keyword Phrases: wholesale jewelry, closeout jewelry, wholesale costume jewelry, closeout costume jewelry
10. DVD Movies: Older blockbusters, children’s movies and classic movies are usually good sellers. Make sure you deal with reputable wholesalers when buying movie DVDs.
Keyword Phrases: wholesale dvd movies, closeout dvd movies
Tips for Locating Best Selling Flea Market Items
Below are some additional search terms to help you find wholesale and closeout sources…
wholesale flea market, wholesale flea market+YOUR_CITY, wholesale TYPE_PRODUCT, closeout merchandise, closeout merchandise+YOUR_CITY, closeouts TYPE_PRODUCT
Trust me–these search terms and the ones listed under each best-selling product description will provide you with all the source leads you will ever need. Another very important tip: visit a number of flea markets in and near your area. Ask questions of the vendors; like “What is your best seller?" and “How long have you been selling?" Take notes, but only after you have spoken to a vendor. People tend to get a little suspicious if you are jotting things down while you are speaking with them. Visiting flea markets is the best way to get first-hand knowledge of what sells and what doesn’t. This is especially important for finding items that are popular for your geographic area. After you figure out what type products you will be selling, you should also visit some of the “big-box” stores in your area. Check the pricing on similar products and goods. After calculating your wholesale price, see if you can beat the “big-box” prices by at least 5%. Hopefully, this article on the ten best selling flea market items will at least get you pointed in the right direction when it comes to merchandise selection. I also recommend that you read the article, Business Plan for a Flea Market Vendor right here on Bright Hub. It will provide you with some great tips for getting your flea market business off to a good start. Image credits: sxc.hu, vinvalenti sxc.hu, mckenna71