Creating the Halloween Mask
To familiarize you with the Drawing Tool a bit, I will explain step-by-step how to create a (very) simple cat costume.
- In an open Word document, select the Insert tab.
- Click Shapes.
- Located under Flowchart, click the Circle shape (the head). (The cursor will change to crosshairs allowing you to position the circle and adjust its size.)
- Repeat Step 2.
- Located under Basic Shapes, click the Triangle shape (the ears).
- After you have drawn your triangle, copy and paste it to create another.
- Position the ears onto the head however your child would like.
- Select all 3 shapes. (To do this hold down the Shift key while selecting each shape.)
- Under the Drawing Tools tab, click the Group icon (it looks like a square overlapping another square). This will group the shapes together as one unit and make it easier to move.
- Repeat Step 2.
- Under Lines choose whichever line type you would like to use as the kitten’s whiskers. That’s it!
To add eyes, a nose, and other features just repeat Step 2. When the costume is just as your child wants it, cut the costume out of the paper and poke holes into each side. This is for string or ribbon to hold the Halloween mask onto the child’s head.
What Features Should I Use to Enhance the Halloween Mask?
Color and Texture
You can choose a color or texture from Microsoft’s huge collection or create the perfect color with its customize feature.
This is a very helpful feature, and there is a lot of room for experimenting here. With bold, italics, and font color this tool is helpful for creating masks ranging from a princess to a super hero.
Wordart to add letters, names, or whatever the child would like onto the mask. If your child likes flowers, why not add a few daisies?
If at any time you would like to make changes to your costume, select it and the Drawing Tools tab will appear above the ribbon displaying your current formatting options.To have more fun with your Halloween masks consider using construction paper, glitter, tissue paper, and other crafting materials.
Creating a Halloween mask with Word is easy, inexpensive, and fun. Start thinking of ideas now!