- slide 1 of 1
Customizing a Microsoft Word resume template is one of the quickest ways for you to build a functional resume that suits your objectives and stands out once it’s filled with your education, personal information, work history, and all your awards and accomplishments. With this free template for customer service representatives, it’s easy to follow the functional resume format and achieve the attention and results you’re looking for because you will have the blueprint all laid out for you. You’ll find what is standard for this particular type of resume speaking in the parlay of the customer service career tract. With this template tutorial you’ll have all the information you need to get this task finished.
Microsoft Office Online makes it easy for you by breaking the options down into categories which makes resume writing so much easier. Under Entry-Level you can find your standard chronological, recent college graduate, and other functional options. Professions has specific examples for a career track such as a sales manager, social worker or the customer service manager we’re illuminating here. Just to give you an idea about the other two major categories: Career Moves has samples for company transfers and situations like moving from the military to the civilian world, while Academic has the models to work with for a teacher or professor on any level. It’s worth it to take a gander at all of these if you want to incorporate other ideas into your resume.
If you’re unfamiliar with the usefulness of online templates, the gist is that the design, layout, and the areas to type in personal text are already done for you so that all you have to do is insert the appropriate information and tweak fonts, colors, and the like to customize the template until you have it exactly the way you want it to look. In this instance, you’ll find boiler-plate headings and the space and format for work and education history all right there for you already. Moreover, the good thing about using Microsoft Word for this task lies in the fact that it’s an easy program to utilize and many of the procedures used in Word are already familiar to many. Just follow these simple instructions:
1) Start by accessing the customer service manager template at Microsoft Office Online http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC103622191033.aspx?pid=CT103622221033
2) I linked you directly to the primary example under this category but remember there are other similar options available if you’d like to look for something else or even for ideas about how you might want to tweak this one.
3) Click on the title of the template (it will then appear on its own for a closer inspection), then click “Download” after which you simply agree to their user license agreement to receive the file. (You might have to install an Active X plug in for Internet Explorer if you don’t already have it.)
4) Open your now downloaded template in Word and follow the simple instructions to enter your specifics in the right category. It’s just a matter of typing over their text with your own personal information and history.
5) Manipulate the design and layout to suit the extent of information which needs to fit in a certain category (which means bulk up your strengths accordingly).
Proof the document and print it. It’s always good to have a few resumes in different styles so utilize this collection of samples with that in mind.