- slide 1 of 1
Customizing a Microsoft Word resume template is one of the quickest ways for you to build a resume that suits your needs and stands out once filled with your education, work experience, and accomplishments. With these pre-ordained, free templates you will have the blueprint all laid out for you depending upon the many different options and work-horses they have available to ride.
Microsoft Office Online makes it easy for you by breaking the options down into categories which makes your work job seeking so much easier. Under Entry-Level you can find your standard chronological, recent college graduate, and other basic types. For Professions, you'll find registered nurse, social worker, sales manager, computer programmer and similar job-specific examples. Then under Career Moves there are samples for company transfers and situations like moving from the military to the civilian world. For the Academic types you can find one for a teacher or professor on any level.
If you’re unfamiliar with the usefulness of online templates, the gist is that the design (including graphics, design, and layout) is already done for you so that all you have to do is insert the appropriate information and tweak fonts, colors, and the like to customize the template until you have it exactly the way you want it to look. In this instance you’ll find boiler-plate headings and industry-specific language all right there for you already. Moreover, the good thing about using Microsoft Word for this task lies in the fact that it’s an easy program to utilize and many of the procedures used in Word are already familiar to many. Just follow these simple instructions:
1) Start by accessing the available and free resume templates offered at http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/FX103076501033.aspx
2) Most of these templates are designed to work with Word but make sure you check because some are exclusive to Publisher for example.
3) Browse this collection of templates and choose the one you want that best meets the purpose and criteria for the job-grabbing document you desire.
4) Click on the title of that template (it will then appear on its own for a closer inspection), then click “Download” after which you simply agree to their user license agreement and whoomp, there it is. (You might have to install an Active X plug in for Internet Explorer if you don’t already have it.)
5) Open your now downloaded template in Word and follow the simple instructions to enter your specifics in the right category.
6) Manipulate the design and layout to suit the extent of information which needs to fit in a category.
7) Proof the document and print it. It’s always good to have a few resumes in different styles so utilize this collection of samples with that in mind.