- slide 1 of 1
Organizing finances is a little easier when you utilize a useful template for that purpose. Rather than spend the time concocting a spread sheet, for instance, with all the headings, calculations, and other minutia you anticipate needing, download a document that’s got all that already on it which also gives you the ability to insert your own data and numbers for processing. Some of the tedious leg work is thus already done for you. Just by looking at the samples you may get a better idea of what you’ll need or see something you hadn’t thought of before.
Here are the easy steps you should follow to download a template:
1) Start by accessing the collection at Microsoft Office Online to see if there is a template in the collection that will help you. They have a template for each of the following; a Year-end tax planning calculator, a year-end tax plan, and a Home office tax benefits comparison.
2) Peruse this collection of templates for tax purposes and choose the one that is geared toward your purpose with the layout, design, and the headings you want that best meets the purpose and criteria.
3) Click on the title of that template (it will then appear on its own for a closer inspection), then click “Download” after which you simply agree to their user license agreement. (You might have to install an Active X plug in for Internet Explorer if you don’t already have it but if you have any problems here, the instructions to update or fix the problem pops up.)
4) Open the free template you downloaded in the specified Microsoft program and follow the simple instructions to manipulate the text and insert your numbers that need crunching.
5) Now you have a great way to prepare for the tax man which you can work with on your computer or print out to do it the old-fashioned way.