Using Free Word Templates to Create Brochures
Free Word templates for brochures will enable the small business owner to quickly customize and produce a professional-looking brochure to market your business and/or announce the capabilities, products, and services your business offers the public. Have your company information, company logo, and photos pertaining to your business available on your computer to insert into the template once you’ve downloaded it. A ready-made template makes this job so much easier and less time-consuming, because the framework and basic outline is already built into each available template. With the quality templates available for use in Word, the price tag, and the ease associated with customizing them, there’s just no point in building one from scratch unless you want to put the time into that design phase.
Necessary Steps for Making a Brochure
Here are the easy steps you should follow:
1) Start by accessing the available and free Word brochure templates offered at Microsoft Office Online.
2) Browse this collection of templates and choose the one with the layout, design, and color scheme you want that best meets the purpose and criteria for your brochure. You will need to decide on the size you want the brochure to be such as: 5.5" x 8.5", 8.5" x 11", 8.5" x 14", 11" x 17", or 11" x 25.375". Also, there are the options of four fold, tri-fold, half-fold, or Z-fold to consider. Check each template for the available options it has.
3) Click on the title of that template (it will then appear on its own for a closer inspection), then click “Download" after which you simply agree to their user license agreement. (You might have to install an Active X plug in for Internet Explorer if you don’t already have it but if you have any problems here, the instructions to update or fix the problem pops up.)
4) Open the free template you downloaded in Word and follow the simple instructions to upload your own company logo and your company photos onto the template first, and then format the text around it. Photos are the fastest way to convey to your potential customers whatever products or services you are offering. Sell your business with the text. Get creative and make sure all the information pertaining to how you can be contacted is prominently displayed.
5) Manipulate the color scheme, insert your text with the font style and size you want, and make any other applicable changes you see fit.
6) Proof the document and print it. Suggestions for paper and other advice to make it look great are available.
Utilizing these free tools to make your brochures in this tight economy is a great solution to market a business without blowing the budget on an expensive advertising campaign.