Perhaps you are aware of Johannes Gutenberg, inventor of modern printing. Maybe you even know that his first publication was the Bible, in Latin, but do you know the name of the world’s oldest known printed book? Find out how savvy you really are by taking this fun quiz.
Know Your Printing History?
Opps, Quiz engine needs updating…
- Library of Congress; The Nation’s First Daily Newspaper Began Publication; http://www.americaslibrary.gov/jb/revolut/jb_revolut_newspap_1.html
- Project Gutenburg; History and Mission Statement; http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Gutenberg:About
- Brailler.com; How Braille Began; http://www.brailler.com/braillehx.htm
- Mass Moments; On This Day; http://www.massmoments.org/moment.cfm?mid=278
- LibraryCompany.org; The Library Company of Philadelphia; http://www.librarycompany.org/
- BBC History; William Caxton; http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/historic_figures/caxton_william.shtml
- Library of Congress; Dime Novel Collection; http://www.loc.gov/rr/rarebook/coll/061.html
- British Library; Diamond Sutra; http://www.bl.uk/onlinegallery/sacredtexts/diamondsutra.html
- Encyclopedia Brittanica; History of Publishing; http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/482597/history-of-publishing/28684/America?anchor=ref398332
- Neil A. Maxwell Institute; The Dead Sea Scrolls; http://maxwellinstitute.byu.edu/dss/creation.html
- Conservation Online; Ethical Considerations for the Conservation of Circus Posters; http://cool.conservation-us.org/waac/wn/wn17/wn17-2/wn17-205.html
- Johnson’s Dictionary Online; History of Johnson’s Dictionary; http://johnsonsdictionaryonline.com/?page_id=3267
- Image: Printing Press by wackyvorlon under CC BY 2.0