Free Music and the iPhone
Downloading free music to your iPhone is likely an idea that has crossed your mind many times. Free music can be found everywhere on the internet, sometimes legal and sometimes not. Your responsibility is to ensure the music you are downloading free is both legal and freely distributed. Downloading free music to your iPhone is a fairly simple process that will require some work to get set up but afterwards will be a breeze.
There are many different ways to download free music to your iPhone. The most common method is to download it on to your computer, convert it and then transfer it to your iPhone. Another popular method is using torrent services on the iPhone to download free music. While these methods work fairly well, they complicate the matter of simply downloading free music to your iPhone.
Using a P2P file sharing network which has a client developed for the iPhone will enable you to connect to a wealth of content and download free music to your iPhone. This music that is downloaded free to the iPhone can then be played back directly on the iPhone without the need to connect the iPhone to the computer to convert the music nor import it into the iTunes library.
Users who already have free music downloaded and simply wish to transfer it to the iPhone should see the guide on transferring music to the iPhone without iTunes. Users who wish to download free music directly to their iPhone should continue reading below.
Downloading Free Music on the iPhone
Downloading free music on the iPhone will require the iPhone to have an internet connection either through Wi-Fi or a cellular connection such as Edge or 3G. Once the iPhone is connected to the internet you will need to download a program from Cydia that will enable you to download free music to your iPhone. If you wish to download free music to your iPhone you will need to have a jailbroken iPhone. If your iPhone is not jailbroken you are welcome to check out the guide to jailbreaking your iPhone before proceeding.
- Open Cydia. Locate the brown Cydia icon on your iPhone’s home screen and tap it to open the Cydia application. The Cydia icon is easily identified as a brown icon with a cardboard box in the center, surrounded by a circle.
- Search for the program. Once Cydia has opened, tap Search on the navigation bar at the bottom of the screen. Enter the words MewSeek and press Search.
- Install MewSeek. Tap MewSeek in the search results. In the upper right hand corner tap Install. Locate the button that says Confirm, again in the upper right hand corner. Tap Confirm and wait patiently while MewSeek completes the installation. Once finished, press the home button to return to the home screen of your iPhone.
- Launch MewSeek. Locate the newly installed MewSeek icon on your iPhone home screen. Downloading free music on your iPhone is a breeze with MewSeek. Tap the MewSeek icon to open the application on your iPhone. Utilize the search box to search for free music and begin downloading free music to your iPhone. Tap the file in the search results to begin the download.
Tips & Advice
When downloading free music on your iPhone there are always a few things you should keep in mind. In addition, here are some tips to help make the process of downloading free music on your iPhone a little easier.
- Remember that piracy is illegal; when downloading free music on your iPhone make sure that the files are actually free to be distributed and not pirated.
- Downloading free music to your iPhone will be a lot faster on a Wi-Fi connection versus a wireless cellphone data connection.
- Downloading free music to your iPhone over an Edge connection is not recommended due to the slow speed.
- Check with your cellular provider before downloading free music to your iPhone if you intend to use the cellular network and not Wi-Fi. Many cellular providers charge for data used over their network if you do not have a data plan.