Samsung I7500 Preview - Specs and Design
The newly announced Samsung I7500 is probably the hottest anticipated device on the Android circuit right now. The rumors of Samsung making an Android based device were on since last year, Samsung officially announced the I7500 about a month back. Here’s a preview of the soon to be launched Samsung I7500 powered by Android. If you are looking for a new Android phone, check out the list of the Top 10 Android Smartphones
Here are the Official Specifications of the Samsung I7500:
- GSM Network: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 3G Network: HSDPA 900 / 2100 / 1700
- Dimensions: 115 x 56 x 11.9 mm
- Weight: 119 grams
- Display: 3.2 inch HVGA, OLED touchscreen display, 320 × 480pixels, 16M colors
- Camera: 5 MP Camera (2592 x 1944 pixels) with AF, LED Flash
- Processor: Qualcomm MSM 7200A CPU @ 528 MHz
- Video Codecs: MPEG4, H.263, H.264, WMV
- Audio Codecs: MP3, AAC, AAC+, e-AAC+, WMA, RA
- Operating System: Android 1.5 with Cupcake
- Connectivity: GPRS, HSCSD, EDGE, 3G - HSDPA/HSUPA, Bluetooth 2.1, USB 2.0, WiFi 802.11 b/g, USB 2.0
- Internal Memory: 8 GB
- External Memory: 32 GB MicroSD support
- RAM: 128 MB RAM
- Battery: 1440 mAh Li-ion Battery
- Other Features: GPS, FM Radio + RDS
The Samsung I7500 sports a nice distinctive Samsung design. It has dimensions of 115 x 56 x 11.9 mm and weighs about 119 grams. That makes it much more slimmer than both the HTC Dream and HTC Magic, while both the HTC Magic and Samsung I7500 weigh just as same, still much lighter than the HTC Dream.
The display is a brilliant 3.2 inch OLED touchscreen display with a native resolution of 320 × 480 pixels and supports 16M colors. The superb display is one of the main highlights of the Samsung I7500. It is very sensitive and has a superb response. It doesn’t have a physical keyboard - but that shouldn’t be much of a problem - the virtual one in Android 1.5 should do just fine. The key layout has also been changed slightly.
Samsung has replaced the track ball with a D Pad, and some keys have been changed. The build quality is also very nice, easily just as good as the HTC Magic. All in all, a very compact and sleek design, coupled with commendable build quality. Say Hi to the slimmest and most powerful Android yet.
This post is part of the series: Samsung I7500 preview
A preview of the latest Android phone on the block - the Samsung I7500. Read on to know more about it.