Step 1. Exporting Your Outlook To CSV
Before you can import your Outlook Address Book to your Blackberry you need to download and save it as a CSV file on your desktop. This is a rather simple process, although it does require 7 steps.
1. Open Outlook and go to “File” then “Import and Export”
2. Choose the option called “Export To A File” and click the “Next” button
3. For the file type option choose “Comma Separated Values” and click “Next”
4. Find the Contacts Folder that contains your address book, Click “Next” then “Browse”
5. Choose where you want to save the CSV file. I usually just save it to the Desktop for easy access.
6. After you choose the “Save To” location you need to choose a file name, you can use any name with the .csv extension. Click “OK”
7. Click “Next” and then click “Finish”
After you click “Finish” you will now see the .CSV file with the name you chose on your Desktop or wherever you chose to save it. You’ve successfully created the file and now you’re ready to import it into the Blackberry Internet Service Address Book.
Step 2. Saving Your Outlook Address Book to BlackBerry
Importing your newly created .CSV address book file is simple and requires another 7 easy to follow steps:
1. Connect to your carrier’s Blackberry Internet Service Web Site (find the complete BIS by carrier list here) and log in to your account.
2. Once in your account click on the “Address Book” link.
3. You’ll see a navigation bar at this point, click on “Import”
4. Then click the “Browse” button.
5. From the “Choose File Window” locate the .CSV file you just created.
6. After you click on the file click the “Open” button.
7. Click “Add”
Allow the file to download, this could take a moment if you have hundreds of contacts with tons of information, otherwise you should have access to your Outlook Address book via Blackberry Internet Service Address Book in a minute or less.