- slide 1 of 6
Facebook Tutorial: How to Change the Background on Your Facebook Page
Change the background on Facebook with Firefox and give a unique dimension to your work with this social networking site. With just a few steps, you can accomplish the task of changing the background with an image of your choice. Although only you can see it, a different style would, however, take your Facebook experience to a new level. How do you make the Facebook background change? All you need to do is install a Firefox add-on called Stylish, select the background you like, install it and you’re done.
- slide 2 of 6
Step-by-Step Tutorial on How to Change a Background on Facebook
1. Start Firefox.
If you don’t have this powerful, free browser, download its Windows version from www.mozilla.com/en-US/. Firefox is also available for Linux and Mac OS X. Firefox has a great array of features. Check these out at www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/features/.
2. Install a Firefox add-on called Stylish. Through it manage user styles:
NOTE: Click on any screen shot to increase it size.
- slide 3 of 6
Steps to Add a Style and Make the Facebook Background Change
1. Open the facebook.com home page in a separate tab.
2. Create a new tab and visit the companion website of Stylish at http://userstyles.org/styles/browse/facebook.com
3. Choose a style from one of thousands and click its name. The page with details of the style like its creator name, website and others appears.
For this tutorial, I chose a style titled Green color 2010.
TIP: Use the search box and search for a style, for example, by popularity (this is the default), style name and the date of creation.
- slide 4 of 6
How to Revert to Default Style after the Change on Facebook Background
How to Turn-off the New Background and Revert to the Default Style
In the Firefox Add-ons dialog, make sure the User Styles thumb nail is highlighted. Click the style name. Click Disable. The Facebook background reverts to the default white background.To make the Facebook background change again to the previous style, click Enable in the above dialog.
- slide 5 of 6
Use Multiple Styles and Change Backgrounds on Facebook
1. In Firefox click Tools > Add-ons to open the Add-ons dialog, if it’s not already open.
2. Install multiple backgrounds / styles from the companion website of Stylish as given above.
4. Click the Style name you want to apply as the background.
5. Click Enable. The Facebook background change takes effect.
NOTE: If you’ve several styles enabled in the Stylish add-on, the most recent style you enable applies as the Facebook background.