Interested in Web Application Development Tools? Try Caspio Bridge to Help You in Building a Web Application
What is Caspio Bridge?
Caspio Birdge, is a product from Caspio, that assists designers and other non-developers in building a web application with no expertise. It provides web application development tools designed to build custom applications without the users ever knowing they weren’t developed by a professional developer. There are also free “ready made” applications available, and Caspio claims many users can have their application up in days, rather than weeks, saving time and money spent on development.
Caspio Bridge Features
Caspio Bridge has many features to make building a web application easy, including:
- a step-by-step wizard for creating each screen in the application.
- database driven application development.
- allows an unlimited number of web users, so no matter how many people use the application, there’s no extra fee.
- password protection of apps and forms.
- automatic response emails to keep people updated.
- localization in one click to communicate in language your industry understands.
- compatible with any web host and any website.
- add a mobile component to the app with ease.
- create a completely custom style for the apps.
- allows for file uploading and management for you and users.
- integrates with any website because it’s powered by Caspio from the back end, so your users will never know.
- Microsoft Office plugin makes it easy to bring information to the desktop for your office application managment.
- A free consultation ($150 value) with Caspio profressionals if you decide to have them develop your application for you.
There is a 14 day free trial, with no credit card required. There are three different pricing points to ensure that no matter what your needs are, Caspio can help you. All plans include free phone, email, and web support, instructor training, and come with a 10% discount if paid annually. Save an additional 20% as a non-profit organization. There are no setup fees or contracts.
The Value plan is priced at $39.95 per month. It comes with 10 data pages, (a screen in the app) 1GB of database storage, (for users and app information) 400 MB of data transfer (bandwidth) and one free project consultation per year.
The Plus plan is priced at $79.95 per month. It comes with 20 data pages, 1.25 GB database storage, 600 MB of data transfer, and one free project consultation per year.
The Professional plan is priced at $189.95 per month. It comes with 50 data pages, 2 GB of database storage, 1 GB of data transfer, and two free project consultations per year.
Additional services include:
Search by Distance Feature: geocoded database of all US locations. $150 setup and $50 per month.
Private Training: $250/session.
Additional Project Consultation: $150/hr with a one hour minimum.
The Bottom Line
For those who don’t have the time or desire to learn about building web applications or don’t feel as though they have the right web application development tools on hand, this is a simple and quick system to use. Of course, for those who cannot afford the monthly price, more geared toward small businesses and large companies, it is better to learn to develop your own or hire a freelance developer to build the application for you. For those who can afford it, it is well worth the money because the features are great and the program is easy to use.