How To Reinstall Verizon Internet Security Suite
Verizon has several different projects to go with their nationwide phone service and wireless service. The Verizon Internet Security Suite is an all-in-one antivirus program that features several different products that protect a user’s computer from viruses, spyware and other malware. This suite is made by McAfee, a popular choice for antivirus products.
The suite features antivirus, antispyware, antiphishing, identity protection, parental controls and a firewall and is offered to Verizon customers at $5.99 a month with a free thirty day trial for new customers.
Customers who have the suite may run into issues in which the security suite may need to be reinstalled. Why would someone need to reinstall? There are many reasons, but luckily, the process is not difficult.
Reinstalling the Verizon Internet Security Suite
So why would someone need to reinstall Verizon’s Internet Security Suite? Perhaps the program wasn’t downloaded properly, if this is a first time installation. This can sometimes happen if the internet becomes disconnected while downloading. Maybe a computer needs to be reformatted due to a previous virus or one that may not have been removed by the previous antivirus program.
Reinstalling the program is just as easy as installing it for the first time.
- If you already have the program installed, you will need to uninstall it before you reinstall it. Go to the START button. If you are using Windows XP, find the listing for the Control Panel and click it. If you’re using Windows Vista or Windows 7, you can either click on the listing for the Control Panel or just type in Control Panel within the search bar.
- When the Control Panel opens, click on Add/Remove Programs. When this pop-up appears, locate the listing for the Verizon Internet Security Suite. It should be near the bottom, as the programs are listed in alphabetical order. Click on it to bring up the options to either repair or uninstall. Choose the uninstall option and then follow the instructions for removing the program.
- When the program has been removed, restart the computer. When the computer has rebooted, click on the program icon to reinstall the security suite. You can also download the program again. You can do this by going to the main Verizon website and signing into your account. Under the ‘Manage my Broadband Essentials’ tab, you can download the security suite.
- Make sure that you are not using any other software or programs that may interfere with the security suite. This includes other antivirus and antispyware programs.
- When you have downloaded the security suite, click on the program in order to reinstall. You can also select the ‘run’ option when you begin to download, so that the program will automatically start the installation process for you. Follow the instructions for reinstallation.
After you have reinstalled the security suite, make sure to run any updates that it may require, as well as running a quick scan of your computer to make sure that you are currently protected.
Image content from Verizon.com