Why Should You Use Google Notebook?
I can hear you asking, “What is Google Notebook?” To put it simply, it is a way to organize, collect and share informationn. But it’s more than that. If you want ways to easily collect bits and pieces of information from across the web and store it in one place, Google Notebook is an easy way to do this. It’s also an easy way to collaborate with friends, family or colleagues on a written project. Or perhaps the goal is to just share something with others. Yep, you can do that too!
10 Tips for Using Google Notebook
Sure there are many applications that can accomplish similar objectives, but Google Notebook makes it faster, easier and more efficient. After all, simplifying our lives and making things quicker is what a good tool does! Let’s take a look at 10 ways it can make your life easier.
- Creating notes in Google Notebook is as simple as opening up the application with one click of the mouse, creating a title and typing in text. It’s a quick, easy way to store thoughts and ideas for easy retrieval later on.
- Clipping text from any webpage is a simple operation. It allows you to save highlighted text with a click of the mouse, and saves the web address at the same time. Saving information this way makes it much easier to find later on, because it’s all stored in one place.
- Notes can be published as a web page, allowing you to share that web address with anyone. This is a good way to important information with colleagues, or even share a wedding wish list with your friends. These pages can be made searchable within the Google search engine as well.
- Easy collaboration can be achieved with notebook as well. With just a click, email addresses can be added into the form, which allows your notebook to be viewed and edited by your contacts. This is a fast, simple way to work on group projects.
- Need to access a shopping list “on the go”? Google notebook is accessible from your mobile device! Simply log in to your Google account using your mobile device, and you can look at your shopping list while you’re at the store. How neat is that!
- Organizing your information is very easy. You can create “notebooks”, which are essentially user created categories. Then you can store your notes and clips within your “notebooks”, making it easy to work within any category you choose.
- If you want to make a nice document out of your notes, it’s a simple matter to export notes into Google Docs, which is a full featured online word processor, fully compatible with Microsoft Word. With little time and effort, creating a professional document from your gathered notes and clips is easy.
- Need to find all notes and clippings on a certain topic quickly? There is a search function within Notebook as well. Simply enter in your search term to easily find all of your information on a certain topic.
- Want to add your thoughts to a clip or note later on? Aside from editing the main test, there is also a “comments” function. When you have that great idea while laying in bed in the middle of the night, you can quickly add a comment to your note with one click.
- Adding Labels to your notes and clips further speeds up access to your information. Use labels to add relevant key words to your note, making it show up on searches easier. These labels also appear in a column on the left of your screen, making it a one click operation to access everything using that keyword.
Benefits of Google Notebook
Google Notebook uses a simple, efficient interface to allow you to do many of these tasks with as little as one or two clicks of the mouse. This is a huge benefit over other, similar tools. The added benefit is that Google Notebook integrates seamlessly with other Google applications, such as Google Docs and Google Bookmarks. This makes your Google account a centerpiece to keeping everything in one place, with various tools “tag-teaming” to make everything easy to find and use. Lastly, everything is stored and accessible online rather than on your computer. This means that you can access all of your stuff from any computer that has internet access, at any time, from anywhere in the world! Now how useful is that!