Consider the picture drawn by the current use of traditional fuels in excessive amount:
- Continuous rise in the prices of gasoline and other traditional fuels.
- Contribution of unclean vehicle emissions towards pollution.
- Rise in global warming, deteriorating the climate balance.
- Depletion of fossil fuels, heading towards serious dearth of vehicle fuels.
Despite the knowledge of all these outputs, there seems to be no logical planning to use these fuels, as the number of cars on road is increasing and so is the economic figure of suppliers. In such situation, alternative fuels for cars have spawned several rays of hope. Here are some notable ongoing research works, which are expected to bear fruits in a short while.
Electric Vehicles for Variety of Vehicles
Alternative fuel vehicles are being produced in the form of electric vehicles, which are suitable for short-distance rides. Also, applications requiring a number of destinations on road are efficiently facilitated by these vehicles. The attributes like weight and components like battery can influence the range of these vehicles.
Fuel Cells Using Hydrogen
Fuel cells make use of hydrogen as the driving force for a variety of vehicles. Many sources of hydrogen, including hydrocarbons, are being considered to refine the production of these cells. Ongoing research is attempting to use renewable resources for these alternative fuel ideas to help them make more sense.
Hybridized Range of Vehicles
Hybrid cars have powerfully emerged as alternative fuel vehicles on the scene. These vehicles make use of electric motors to improve the mpg value of the vehicle and play their roles in decreasing the rate of unclean emissions to the air.
Natural Solutions in Hand
- While diesel has been utilized at par with petrol, the attempts are being made to replace this fuel with its biological counterpart. Hence, bio diesel obtained from plants and animal oils and fats is listed amongst alternative fuels for cars.
- Liquefied Petroleum Gas contributes fewer pollutants to the environment and can be used in association with petroleum to produce dual-fuel vehicles. Hence, you can consider it as an effective solution in terms of cost as well.
- Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) is in consideration of manufacturers for its potential use in freight vehicles. At the same time, Compressed Natural Gas is another companion of LNG, which can easily replace gasoline as an efficient car fuel.
- Finally, we have ethanol and methanol as alternative fuel ideas for their ability to produce less pollution and maintaining the climate balance.
So, you can expect doors opening to a new era of driving a vehicle on road, without worrying about expenses and issues related to pollution. Refurbishment of the situation, damaged by fossil fuels, is the process not miles away from the world.
References and Further Readings: