Retractable Reel Laundry Line Reviews - Whitney Design Review
Whitney Design Retractable 5-Line Dryer
If you already practice green laundry drying but are making do with just a single laundry line as your outdoor clothes dryer, you will love this 5-line retractable clothes line. The Whitney Design Retractable 5-Line Dryer clothesline can hang up to 170 feet worth of laundry in a 34 foot space. Not only this, but when your laundry is dry and put away, you simply need to release the clothes dryer from the one end and then hide it away in the unobtrusive cover at the other end.
Retractable laundry lines make it possible to use your property in more than one way. A beautiful outdoor dining room can be transformed into an ultra green laundry room in as much time as it takes to pull out the Whitney Design 5-line Retractable clothesline and attach it at the other end. Using your environment more efficiently can lead to using our energy resources more efficiently too. And, that is what green - living is all about.
You could use this retractable clothesline as a deck clothes drying rack, or set it up on your balcony and none but you would be the wiser for it once your laundry has been taken down. You could also install this dryer in your yard, or in your carport or garage. If neighborhood rules prevent you from doing the right thing with your laundry and implement like the 5 -line retractable clothesline can make it that much easier to retreat indoors without giving up your principals. If you do find yourself in the position of needing to dry laundry indoors, adding a ventilation fan to the room and opening two oposing windows (if it is possible) can help to speed the process.
Whatever your situation, all you need to set up the Whitney Design Retractable 5-Line Dryer is 34 feet of fairly level ground, and at least one solid surface upon which to afix the permanently anchored end of the dryer. Across from this you will need either a wall, or a tree trunk, or a post which you have purposefully installed.
The Whitney Design Retractable 5-Line Dryer is very well built and has as close to a five star rating as you can get.
- Increases your drying space many times : use your patio or balcony for drying all your laundry
- Aluminum case keeps clothesline protected and hidden
- Heavy-duty construction
- Tightening knob to maintain lines taught, and free from tangles
- Easy-release for retraction
- Easy to install in a garage, laundry room or basement
- Extends up to 34'
- Sturdy handle attatchment makes extending the clothes drier easy to do
to order one online visit whitney-design-retractable-5-line-dryer
Whitney Design 42-0 3-Piece Clothes-Drying Post for Whitney 15-7 Retractable Dryer
- Galvanized-steel post for setting up a clothesline drying system outside
- Goes with the Whitney 15-7 5-Line Retractable Clothes Dryer
- Three 2 inch diameter pieces, secure fit for maximum strength
- Fastenings and plastic ground sleeve included
- Measures 2 by 2 by 84 inches
- Product Dimensions: 2 x 2 x 84 inches
- Shipping Weight: 9 pounds
- Shipping: item can be shipped within the U.S only
To order one online visit whitney-design-retractable-5-line-dryer
This post is part of the series: Solar Laundry - An introduction to the Gentle Art
The clothesline, much beloved in some circles and yet equally despised in others is the technological base of truly green clothes drying. To the clothesline enthusiast, the ritual of hanging out the laundry is not a chore, but a rite. Here are a few notes, and a few clothes lines.