Whether you’re looking for ways to increase the energy efficiency of your home for environmental or budgetary reasons, we have a detailed guide on energy saving. We have ideas to make every part of your home energy efficient, as long as you’re willing to take the initiative. Saving energy isn’t the toughest task, as long as we know how to go about it. Put in some effort today and soon you’ll rejoice over the money you will be saving.
Start-Off With These Quick and Easy Energy Efficient Fixes
Making your home energy efficient doesn’t always involve big costs. Most of the time minor and inexpensive changes are all that are required to bring down your energy consumption by as much as 20-50%. You don’t have to turn your world around or lose out on comfort, instead look for simple and budget friendly ways to save on your energy bills like using compact fluorescent lighting, lowering thermostat settings by 2 or 3 degrees, using cold water for the laundry, and disconnecting appliances when not in use.
[Unique Energy Saving Ideas for the Home
[Energy Efficient Fixes for Your House Reduce Carbon Footprint](https://www.brighthub.com/environment/green-living/articles/53535.aspx - secn_1)
Save Energy on Heating and Cooling
Heating and cooling are major slices of your energy bill. But saving energy doesn’t mean you need to completely turn these systems off. There are smart ways to reduce energy spent on them without sacrificing comfort. And if you really want to make some great savings consider passive solar energy for heating and cooling.
- Improve Your Home Heating Using Energy Efficient Heating System Components
- Electrical Fan Heaters and Energy Savings
- Passive Solar Energy for Heating and Cooling a House
- Benefits of Seasonal Home Heating With Solar Air Conditioning
- Save Your Heating and Cooling Energy by Controlling Conductive Energy Losses
Reduce Energy Consumption in the Kitchen
Many kitchen appliances have a high energy cost and there’s a dizzying array of ideas to make this room of the house more energy efficient. For instance choosing the greener alternative of drying clothes in the sun, rather than in the dryer will make a noticeable dent in your energy bills.
- How to Conserve Energy in Your Kitchen
- Green Kitchen Renovations: Saving Water and Electricity in Your Kitchen
- Ways of Saving Energy with your Existing Refrigerator
- Washing Clothes in Cold Water Saves Money and Energy
- Line Drying (Solar Laundry)
Opt for Energy Efficient Home Design
Whether you’re renovating your home or building a new one, incorporating the energy saving element into the design will help you to keep the energy bills under control. Yes it might mean some additional work and maybe some added costs, but over the years you will love the savings you will make. The concept of heat zones can be used to better manage the temperature control within the house and thus keep energy consumption under control. Also, the more environmentally conscious often opt for home designs that make the best use of solar energy. Even if you’re buying a constructed home, the following articles will help you to select the most energy efficient property.
Consider Energy Savings when Building a New Home
[Energy Efficient Housing Design Issues to ConsiderWhenBuildingan Eco-Friendly Home
Become a Savvy Buyer
If you have not been doing it already, the next time you go shopping for electronics and appliances do check on their energy efficiency. Appliances that score higher on the energy efficiency scale cost slightly more, but their energy savings can pay back the added cost in just a couple of months.
- Worried about High Energy Bills? Learn How Energy Star Ratings Can Help
- What Makes An Appliance Qualified To Earn An Energy Star Certification?
- What Does Energy Star Indicated Mean in Terms of Energy Efficiency
- Most Energy Efficient Refrigerators Can Save You Money
There are also some devices and gadgets that can be used to decrease the power consumption of your home. Of late, lots of such energy-saving devices and gadgets have flooded the market. While most of them turned out to be over publicized gimmicks, there are some which can really make a marked difference to your home energy consumption.
- Home Automation Technology Helps Manage Energy Use
- Information About Saving Energy with Timers
- Finding the Truth Behind Household Power Savers
We hope that this guide on saving energy at home helps you reap in some real energy savings. And if you have more ideas on how to cut down household energy efficiency, you can share them with us using the comment box below.