Bachelor Degree Hotel Management Online
Online Bachelor’s Degree in Hotel Management
The number of people traveling for business and pleasure has gone up in recent times, and this has led to the rapid development of the hotel industry. An online bachelor’s degree in hotel management can be very useful to students interested in a hospitality career. The online bachelor’s degree will equip them with the skills to manage the daily administrative functions of hotels and other hospitality establishments.
Typically, graduates may work in hotels, resorts, restaurants, cruise lines, banquet agencies, convention agencies, catering agencies, commercial kitchens in schools, colleges and hospitals, and casinos. People with an online bachelor’s degree in hotel management can work as:
- Facilities Manager
- Events Planner
- Food Service Supervisor
- Restaurant Manager
- Food and Beverage Manager
They may be involved in some of the following:
- Coordinating various hotel departments - kitchen, waiter service, maid service, concierge service, maintenance service, etc.
- Seeing that guests have a pleasant experience at the establishment
- Taking reservations for accommodation and meals
- Recommending local attractions
- Organizing entertainment at the establishment
Getting an Online Hotel Management Bachelor’s Degree
A high school diploma is the minimum requirement for getting admission to a bachelor’s degree in hotel management program. The program is ideal for people with:
- A talent for planning and organizing
- An ability to interact and get along well with different types of personalities
- Good communication skills
- High levels of energy
- An enthusiastic outlook
Classes may include:
- Hotel Management
- Food and Beverage Management
- Human Resource Management
- Tourism Services
- Customer Service Functions
- Tourism Management
It is a good idea to check if the schools offering a bachelor degree hotel management online have proper accreditation from a regional or national accrediting body.
Colleges Offering Online Bachelor’s Degree Programs in Hotel Management
You need the following admission requirements:
- A high school graduation or G.E.D. certificate
- A minimum one year full time work experience or a cumulative minimum high school G.P.A. of 2.0
- Currently employed in the hospitality industry or access to work environment to complete course assignments
Courses offered are:
- Introduction to Hospitality Management
- Lodging Management
- Food and Beverage Management
- Events and Recreation Management
- Facilities Management
- Hospitality Management Capstone
There is a CAD $45 non-refundable application fee. Tuition fee per credit is CAD $275, and there is a CAD $75 electronic course materials fee and a transcript of record fee of CAD $10.
The BA degree program includes:
- Core hospitality requirements
- Elective requirements
- General education requirements
The program offers three concentration areas:
- Advanced Culinary Arts
- Baking and Pastry Arts
- Hotel and Restaurant Management
You need 180 quarter credits to get the degree. You must complete the first ninety quarter credits before you can begin the ninety credits of junior/senior level courses.
Courses vary every term. Students should check the Stratford University website for term schedules.
Admission requirements are as follows:
- A high school diploma or G.E.D.
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- TOEFL or IELTS certification for international students
- Certified school or college transcripts
- Visa for international students
- $340 tuition fee per credit hour
- $750 fee for the Culinary and Baking & Pastry Art Supply Kit
- $50 fee for each online technology class
- $100 fee for student activity
Benefits of Studying Bachelor Degree Hotel Management Online
- You can complete your work more quickly online than on-campus.
- You have the advantage of flexible and self-paced learning.
- You gain an understanding of business fundamentals and organizational behavior.
- You improve your career chances, especially if you are already part of the hospitality industry.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) predicts a good job growth in the hospitality industry. According to the BLS, the annual earning of hotel management professionals is between $25,120 and $82,510. Graduates with a bachelor’s degree hold higher positions and command larger salaries than non-degree holders. Experience, skills, type of employment, place of employment, and location also count in the amount of salary received.
- MeritusU Bachelor of Business Administration in Hospitality Management: https://www.meritusu.ca/degree-programs/bachelor-of-business-administration-in-hospitality-management.php
- Stratford University Bachelor of Arts in Hospitality Management: https://www.stratford.edu/online-programs-hospitality-management-ba
- Getting a Masters Degree in Tourism Online
- Distance Learning Government Accredited Master Degree in Tourism Management in India for Less than $170
This post is part of the series: Hospitality, Tourism, Food and Hotel Management Degrees
In this series we take a close look at hospitality, tourism, food and hotel management degrees and where to obtain them online from the bachelor to the master degree.