A Look at Military Spouse Scholarships From Military Spouse Friendly Colleges Online
Military Spouse Scholarships Available
The research is already halfway prepared for you, if you are married to a member of the military and want to get your degree. A variety of military spouse scholarships are available to specific individuals that may be eligible to pursue a degree in a fully accredited online university. This list will provide information to assist you in applying for the scholarship best suited for you.
National Military Family Association
- Joanne Holbrook Patton Military Spouse Scholarship Program awards $500 to $1,000 to military spouses of active duty in the National Guard and Reserves, retirees and survivors.
Fleet Reserve Association
- U.S. Navy, Marines and Coast Guard offers $100,000 in scholarships annually, to eligible Fleet Reserve Association members, spouses, children and grandchildren. Applications must be submitted between September 1st through April 15th of each year.
Wings Over America
- This military spouse scholarship is awarded to qualifying spouses of U.S. Navy personnel.
U.S. Army Warrant Officers Association
- At least $1,000 or more is awarded to eligible applicants who are obtaining their degree through an accredited online university.
- The GI Bill offers a limited transferability to spouses of active duty member of the military. Numerous online universities offer the GI Bill assistance to tuition costs.
Army Emergency Relief Scholarships
- Stateside and Overseas Spouse Education Programs offers scholarships to Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support (DANTES) approved online schools.
Colleges Offering Online Degree Program Scholarships
The following are only a few of regionally accredited, military spouse friendly online colleges offering assistance:
Everest University Online
- This university awards 15% of the tuition for active duty military personnel spouses.
Western Governors University Online
- The university offers the Military Sacrifice Award scholarship of up to $2,000. It offers to military spouses seeking a degree in information technology, business, health profession or education, a scholarship of $1500.
University of Idaho Scholarships
This special scholarship worth $2,000 to $6,000 is awarded per semester to eligible spouses of veterans injured while serving their country after September 11, 2001.
If you are in the military and your husband and wife would like to go back to school, but doesn’t have the money readily available to do so, then have them check out these military spouse scholarships that will grant them the degree of choice.