Masters in Psychology Online from Walden University

Page content

Job Outlook 2006-2016

Earning a Masters in Psychology online is an exciting venture, and certain to increase your earning potential. Earning this degree from Walden University provides individuals with a background in the development and application of psychological theories, basic scientific methods and principles of psychological science.

According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the job outlook predication for counselors will increase by twenty-one percent between 2006 and 2016.

The highest demanded positions are educational, vocational, school counselors and rehabilitation counselors; however, to secure a position in this industry, a masters degree in Psychology is preferred. Walden is an accredited and established institution that has been around for 38 years and offers this masters online.

Curriculum Structure

Walden University recommends you block 15 to 20 hours per week to give yourself enough time for projects, homework, and discussions. Professors assign projects to complete at home and provide one-on-one instruction. This makes up 80% of your grade. The remaining 20% percent of your grade is based on class participation. The participation is set up as a discussion blog, some classes require you participate a few time a week but you can access the portal 24 hours a day.


The benefit to this program is its self paced within limits. You can earn the Masters degree as quickly as eighteen months attending full time or can spread the coursework out to four years to complete. This university is focused on the working professional or stay at home parent - looking for a more flexible schedule.

Tuition Costs

The curriculum includes 56-63 total credit hours. Students can expect to pay $360 per quarter hour and a technology fee of $30 per quarter.

Complete the for Free Application for Student Aid (FAFSA), which qualifies you for low-interest loans and federal grants.

Also, check with the school for scholarship opportunities. But, do not get discouraged if you do not win a scholarship the first time around. You can learn more about scholarships and how to write a great scholarship letter right here on Bright Hub. Remember also, you can keep applying for scholarships throughout your education.

When you are finished with this masters in psychology online from Walden University, you will be well on your way to a rewarding career in psychology.