Many people use the standard Windows uninstall utlity to remove programs they no longer want to use. This is fine in some cases, , though sometimes it will leave behind files or registry entries that you no longer need on your computer. If you are looking for something that will go an extra step to be more thorough, then here are three of the top application removal softwares that you will find on the market today, rated based on features, price, and ease of use.
Advanced Uninstaller Pro (5 out of 5)
Advanced Unistaller PRO is available for $39.00.
- Monitoring your installations and remembering them so it can completely uninstall all elements should you ever decide to remove a program.
- Cleans up your Start Menu.
- Repair and remove leftover registry entries.
- Can remove browser toolbars, and unwanted browser plugins.
- Cleans your internet history, helps you free hard drive space, and more. It works with the newest versions of Internet Explorer, and Mozilla Firefox.
It is compatible with all Windows XP service packs, and will even work with Windows Vista. Advanced Uninstaller Pro has received great reviews in PC Magazine, PCAnswers, and Personal Computer World.
Download the program and see what it can do for you.
Revo Uninstaller 1.71 (5 out of 5)
Revo Uninstaller 1.71 is a freeware uninstaller program available through download.com. It works by running a scan after you do a regular uninstall using a program’s uninstall routine, and then removes any left over files. As these screenshots demonstrate, the program is very easy to use, and because it’s free, it is a great deal.
Out of 57 products on Download.com for Software Removal, this program ranks #1. It only takes up 1.5 MB on your hard drive, meaning that it is a very quick download, and sleek program to do all it does. You can use Revo Uninstaller to fix your registry, monitor your start menu, and make sure your computer has the most available free space possible.
Download the program and see what you think.
YourUnintsaller! 2008 (5 out of 5)
This program has both a basic and and PRO version, available for $27.99 and $39.99, respectively. The program has an easy-to-use interface, and is simple to install. It has received great reviews by popular magazines, like PCPlus and SmartComputing.
Features in the basic version are:
- Built in Start Menu manager keeps your start menu clean.
- Completely uninstalls any program.
- Ability to export a list of installed programs to a file or printer.
- See complete details about installed programs.
- Loads faster than the built-in Windows Uninstaller.
Features available in the PRO version are:
- Drag and Drop Uninstall
- Registry Cleaner
- Uninstall Screensavers
- Uninstall Spyware and Adware applications.
What makes this program a good investment is that is uses a technology that it calls SmartUninstall! to detect and remove all of the files associated with a program, and instead of uninstalling the programs standard elements like the .exe and the shortcut, it will completely remove everything associated with the program.
Download the program, and use it weekly to keep your computer in optimum condition.