Two Methods to Download a CD Case Template for Word
If you want to download a Microsoft Word jewel case template, there are two ways to do so. You can search on the Microsoft Office Online website or you can search templates within Microsoft Word. You can find numerous CD case templates to choose from with either method.
Method 1: Microsoft Office Online Website
You can search for templates for a variety of Microsoft Office products at the Microsoft Office Online website. An advantage of searching on the Microsoft Office Online website for a template is that you can view more templates at once and you can view templates for different versions of Microsoft Word.
- Go to the Microsoft Office Templates page. Enter CD case in the search bar and press Enter. A new page will open that displays a list of CD case templates from which you can choose.
- Scroll through the template results. Click a template’s title to view the template details and to see a larger picture of the template.
- Click the Download button located beneath the template description after you find a CD case template you want to use. The Save As window will open; enter a name for the CD case template and click Save. The CD case template will download and open as a new Word document.
Method 2: Find Templates Using Word
You can also find templates using Microsoft Word. After you open Word, you can search for templates using the Microsoft Office Online search function. This is useful because you do not have to open an Internet browser to find a template and all templates in the search results are compatible with your version of Word.
- Open Microsoft Office and click the Office Button. The Office Button is located at the top left-hand corner of the page. The Office menu will open.
- Click New when the Office menu opens. The New Document window will open. You can create a new document here or you can search for a template using Microsoft Office Online.
- Type CD case in the Microsoft Office Online search bar and press Enter. A list of CD case templates will open.
- Search through the CD case templates until you find one you like. Click a CD case template to preview a larger version of it in the pane to the left of the window. After you find a template you want to use, click Download. The CD case template will download and open as a new Word document.
Edit the CD Case Template
After you download a CD case template, you need to edit it to suit your preferences. While the template will be in the correct format for you to print off and insert in your CD case, you may want to edit the text or colors.
- Highlight the sample text from the CD case template and press Delete. After you remove the sample text, type the text you want displayed on the CD case. For example, include a title and song list.
- Highlight the text for which you want to change the color, font style or font size. Click Home in the Word ribbon and look to the Font section of the ribbon. Select the color, font style and font size you want to use here.
- After you edit the CD case, you need to save it. Click the Save icon located next to the Office button to save the changes you have made. You are now ready to print the CD case insert.