You are in need of a Microsoft Office 2007 product key. Sadly, you do not have one. Maybe you had to reinstall the suite after a virus related crash. Maybe you just finished your free trial. Either way that product key is standing between you and productivity. So let’s get you that key.
Recovering A Key
If you already installed MS Office 2007 but have since lost your key, try one of the products listed below. They can help you recover the key of your version of Office. Just be aware that if you need to reinstall your operating system there is a catch here. You have to run the key utility before the operating system is written over. Here are some good options.
- Magical Jelly Bean Keyfinder (Works on Windows 95, 98, ME, 2000, XP, Vista, Server 2003, Server 2008, Office XP, Office 2003, and Office 2007. That means you can use it for a wide variety of keys you may need to retrieve).
- ProduKey (Works on Windows 2003, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows 2000).
- CD Key Reader (Works on Windows 95, 98, ME, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7).
Any of these will help you to recover an existing MS Office 2007 key on your system. Each of these choices is freeware, so no matter which one you pick you will not have to spend a dime to recover a system key. You cannot ask for much better than a free and immediate solution.
My Trial Ended and Now I Need a Key
You enjoyed that 60 days of free office software, and now you want to get the full version. That means it is time to buy an upgrade. The first thing you need to do is make sure that your trial is upgradable. The following trials can be upgraded.
- Microsoft Office Professional 2007 Trial
- Microsoft Office Small Business 2007 Trial
- Microsoft Office Standard 2007 Trial
- Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 Trial
- Microsoft Office Groove 2007 Trial
- Microsoft Office InfoPath 2007 Trial
- Microsoft Office OneNote 2007 Trial
- Microsoft Office Publisher 2007 Trial
- Microsoft Office Project Standard 2007 Trial
- Microsoft Office Visio 2007 Trial
You will have to buy a full version of the software. You can do this either directly from Microsoft or from any retail store. Once you do that, you can upgrade your expired trial with these steps.
- Start up your trial version of Office 2007
- Click on the Microsoft Office Button
- Click on program_name Options.
- Click on the Resources tab and click Activate.
- Find the Trial Activation Wizard dialog box, click Enter Product Key
- Type your key into the five boxes on the screen.
- Click on Continue
- Accept the Terms with the check box
- Click on Install
I’m Starting From Scratch
If you are beginning without any trial, it is best just to buy a new disk and run the install with the Wizard. Your product key will be inside the box.
Now you can get your license key, and start using your copy of Microsoft Office 2007. See, that was not too annoying, and you have great software.