Outlook Business Cards
Before explaining how to add business card to send e-mails in MS Outlook, you may want to know about the things you can do with Outlook business cards. If you wish, you can skip directly to next section.
An Outlook business card is kind of digital business card that contains information about a person: name, e-mail ID; phone number; address(es); and any other detail you might have received/saved. You can view the Outlook business card just by hovering your mouse pointer over the sender’s e-mail ID in Preview pane. You can click on the Expand button to view more info about the e-mail ID.
The business card also allows you to: send an e-mail; start chatting with the sender; make a phone call using any compatible IM system; and schedule a meeting with the sender. You can also use the options in business card to add the e-mail ID to your contacts list.
When you click on Add to Outlook Contacts, you get a window similar to the one you get while creating new contact. You can add details, label the contact and click on Save and Close to save the contact to your Outlook contacts list.
Add Business Card to Send E-mails in MS Outlook - Method One
This section talks about how to add business card to send e-mails in MS Outlook. You can always use the Compose E-mail window to send the business card to someone else. You can also use the contacts view to select a contact and send his/her information as a business card to someone. We will check out the contact view method first.
To add business card to send e-mails in MS Outlook using contact view:
1 Open the contacts list by clicking on the contacts icon towards the bottom-left corner of MS Outlook window.
2. Select the contact whose information you wish to send (NOT the contact to whom, you wish you send the business card).
3. Right click on the contact to open a context menu. Click Forward As and in the sub-menu that appears, select Business Card.
3. A new message window will appear with the business card already attached. Type in the message and fill in the To and Subject fields. Hit Send.
This method does not allow you send multiple business cards in a single mail. Use the second method to be able to send more than one business card in an e-mail.
Add Business Card to Send E-mails in MS Outlook - Method Two
To add many business cards to a single e-mail in MS Outlook:
2. Click on Attach Item.
3. From the context menu, select Business Card. A sub menu opens showing you the business cards that you sent recently. Select from the list if you want. If you wish to send a different business card, select Other Business Card. If you never sent a business card after installing Outlook, you will get contacts dialog when you click on Business Card.
4. If you selected from the list, you get back to the new message window. Repeat step 3 to add more business cards.
5. If you click on Other Business Card, a contacts list opens. Select the contact whose information you wish to send as a business card. To select more than one contact, press and hold down CTRL key. Click on OK and you will return to the new message window. The contacts you selected will be displayed as business card attachments to the message.
6 Type the message body, select the recipient(s) and send the e-mail.
The above explained two methods to add business card to send e-mails in MS Outlook. If you have any doubts, please let me know via comment box below.
Screenshots by Author, courtesy of MS Outlook 2010.
This post is part of the series: Outlook Tips and Tricks - Part II
This extension of Outlook - Tips and Tricks, offers you information on some of the easily performed yet useful tasks. Using Outlook, you can also save and send business cards, creating rules from scratch, saving e-mails and more.