How Do You Reset a Belkin Wireless G Router?
For whatever reason, you need to reset your Belkin wireless G Router. Maybe you do not remember your old password. Maybe your needs have changed, and you have to change your configuration. Maybe you inherited hardware. No matter what the reason is, once you have decided that the reset is the way to go these handy steps can help you get it done in a jiffy.
The Reset Button
This is as easy as pie. Just follow these steps and you will get your reset done easily.
- Get a long and thin object. A heavy gauge straight pin, a push pin, or even the tip of a sharpened pencil will do for this project.
- Locate the reset button on the back of your router. It will be small, rubbery, and inset into the case. The word “Reset” will be below the button.
- Turn off the computer, and disconnect the router from the computer. Leave the power to the router connected to a power source. This will not work if the router is powered off.
- Press the reset button with the long and thin object that you picked out in step one.
- Count to seven slowly. After seven seconds you can let go of the button.
- Look for the buttons on the front to flash. When you have reset the device the lights will all flash at the same time. If you are not looking at the right moment you may miss this brief flash.
How Can I Be Sure It Worked?
If you missed the flash, or you just want to be sure that you got it right, follow these steps to confirm that the reset was successful.
- Reconnect the router to the computer with your Ethernet cable. (That’s the one that you just disconnected above)
- Turn the computer back on.
- Open the web browser of your choice.
- Use your URL bar to navigate to 192.168.2.1. This page will show you the settings for you router. If you have done the reset correctly then you will notice that all of your settings are back to their default state.
There you have it, a simple way to double check.
Now you have a reset router, you have even verified that the reset went correctly. If for any reason it didn’t go right. Disconnect again, get your long think object, and try again.