OfficeReady Professional 4.0 includes an extensive set of new and worthwhile features including the following:
· Color Theme Management.
This new feature allows the user to create color themes or use existing color themes from just about any source. A Color Picker provides the functionality necessary to select colors from any website, document, or logo. Then you can save those selections for application to any OfficeReady template.
· PDF Roundtrip.Provides the functionality necessary to create PDF files from Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, as well as Publisher files. Once created, the user can edit the file and then convert it back to PDF.
· Unique PhotoShop Shapes.This feature increases the creative range of the user by providing various shaped image borders such as curves, circles, slants and geometric shapes.
· Template Browser Interface.Allows the user to create a customized user interface in order to organize, find, and rate templates.
· Improved Excel Templates.An upgraded feature including more than 75 modifiable templates. Office Ready also has an impressive array of standard features including the following:
· Over 250 Word templates, over 75 Excel templates and over 75 Power Point templates.
· A PDF creator allowing the user to create PDF’s from any Word, Excel or Power Point file.
· Automatic Profiles that allow the user to insert a name, address, logo, or signature image into a document.
· A Photo Editor that allows the user to insert images and pictures from a computer, camera, or scanner into a document.
· Professional printing services allows the user to send documents to a low cost commercial printing company called Printing for Less.
Given the above, the new feature set and the standard feature set are very attractive and contain everything that one would expect in a product of this type, and even a little more.
The Excel templates are business oriented and cover six categories from Business Management to Sales and Marketing. The program needs to include more of these templates so that the user doesn’t have to go to templatezone to obtain more of them.
The Power Point templates cover eleven categories from “Earth Views" to “World Currency." Each of these contains an average of eight templates. Those who do a lot of Power Point presentations will likely want more than this. Again, they should provide more of these with the program. Moreover, the templates that are provided don’t seem to be arranged in any particular order; e.g. from light background to dark back ground etc.
Overall, both Excel and Power Point are limited in both number and variety of templates therefore the program would be more attractive if more of these were provided.