10 Legitimate Internet Business Ideas
First of all, you should keep the word "legitimate" in mind. Far too many scams exist already on the Internet - from "get rich quick" schemes, to identity theft rackets, to content thieves who convince eager writers to "just submit sample articles" only to never hear from the alleged "clients" or companies again, and have the "sample articles" show up online without the writers ever receiving compensation.
So the emphasis is on finding a legitimate Internet business idea, followed by the second qualifier: minimal investment. While "minimal" is a relative term, the 10 ideas for a Internet business that follow should be suitable for most anyone with the appropriate and relevant skills.
Would one of these ideas work for you?
1. Affiliate marketing: An entrepreneur who enjoys sales and working on commission could potentially do well with a website promoting niche products or services. As visitors to your site click on related links and make purchases, you earn a percentage of the sale, lead, or call referrals generated from the click through ads.
2. Custom orders: If you have skills in specific arts or crafts, you can offer custom orders through an e-commerce arrangement. For instance, if you are an artist, you might offer to sketch or paint portraits of pets, people, or scenic vista from photos. As another example, if you are a quilter or doll maker, you may create items to order from customers’ specifications.
3. Drop shipping: Another e-commerce option might include setting up an online store or selling through an auction site like eBay. You set up an account with a distributor and drop shipper of your selected products and arrange for the delivery of products as they sell. You don’t have to handle, store, or ship the products yourself.
4. eBay: As one of the most well-known online auction sites, eBay offers a global “yard sale" and highly successful e-commerce marketplace. You can sell or resell new or used items on eBay part time or full time, or you can train to be more active as an eBay affiliate, seller’s assistant, or trading assistant.
5. Educational consulting, tutoring, instructional design, curriculum development: The Internet has created a global classroom with the advent of e-learning. Educational professionals can offer various forms and levels of educational consulting and tutoring. Educational professionals with the proper training and expertise can also provide instructional design and curriculum development services.