Best Jobs with 2-year Degree in the Business Sector
5. Bookkeeping, Accounting or Auditing Clerks
This entry-level job is a good training ground for would-be accounting technicians and accountants, as a means to gain actual hands-on experience in analyzing, recording and summarizing the daily transactions and in balancing the debit and credit entries of account balances.
In small- to mid-sized companies, bookkeeping, accounting and auditing clerks could have the opportunity of acquiring exposure for all types of transactions covering the entire accounting cycle. In large companies, tasks are often specialized according to the general ledger account assigned, i.e. accounts receivable, accounts payable, loans, sales, etc. Policies for job rotations provide the opportunities for the bookkeeper or accounting clerk to gain experience in handling another type of account.
National Pay Data for Hourly Salary Rates: $12.31 - $17.40
Two-Year College Course Options:
(1) Associate's Degree, Accounting and (2) Associate's Degree, Business
Top Industry Hirers and Their Salary Offers:
(1) Accounting, Auditing and Tax Services - $12.03 - $17.07
(2) Real Estate Property Management - $12.30 - $16.53
(3) Construction - $12.62 - $17.69
(4) Manufacturing and Distribution - $12.73 - $17.82
(5) Auto/Car Dealership - $11.74 - $16.65
(1) Wal-Mart Stores, Inc (2) The Home Depot Inc. (3) Lowe's Home Improvement Inc. (4) Uheaa and (5) Accountemps
This job is popular in the following US cities:
- Houston, Texas - $12.77 - $17.21
- San Diego, California - $12.72 - $21.13
- Chicago, Illinois - $11.97 - $17.25
- Las Vegas, Nevada - $13.62 - $18.99
- Seattle, Washington - $12.77 - $17.35
- Los Angeles, California - $15.48 - $23.25
- Minneapolis, Minnesota - $10.32 - $18.35
Image Credit: Ipb at en.wikibooks
Please proceed to the next page for more of the ten best jobs with 2-year degree in the business sector.