Another important lesson is adding and editing key frames. A key frame allows you to define the beginning and ending point of a video or piece of animations. This ensures that the transitions between the two items are not jumpy and flow into each other.
To add a key frame, go into your timeline and follow these procedures:
1. Drag the current time indicator to the section where you want your clip to start.
2. Select the layer that you want to change.
3. Next, click on the stopwatch, which will turn it on. After Effects then sets a key frame at that time.
4. Continue with the above steps until you add all the key frames that you need.
If you need to edit a key frame, the follow the below steps:
1. Drag the current time indicator to the key frame that you need to change.
2. You’ll now see the property name. Click on this, and edit the key frame.